New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

I'm starting to think the pitch ISN'T good. Ponting looked annoyed at the pitch. I'd say it's probably two-paced. I can't imagine 3 innings in a row, twice by Auatralia the top order being totally destroyed.

Bad luck. Hussey got the first harsh call of the game. Umpiring was good til then. He played it so awkwardly probably made Rudi think he hit it. We need technology for edges since it's there to 100% prove whether there was an edge or not. The ICC are still living in the stone age.

Last edited:
These are horrible batting conditions but still I am loving this match. NZ still have a great chance of winning here after the O'Brien strikes because Vettori is yet to come to bowl.

Not at all horrible batting conditions.These are excellent conditions for cricket and the cricket has been exciting. There has been action all around !

I'm starting to think the pitch ISN'T good. Ponting looked annoyed at the pitch. I'd say it's probably two-paced. I can't imagine 3 innings in a row, twice by Auatralia the top order being totally destroyed.

It's not that bad, if the NZ batters put their mind to it they could well pull of a win. Our batters have been poor, only Hayden and Hussey have an excuse. The other two wickets were poor cricket.

Katich has done very well in India. He is in a very good form and has been very confident during the past few months. If he continue his good work, he can guide his team to a great win.

Symonds just blew his chance especially if Watson makes a 50. He was in there and looking comfortable even starting to get rid to take off then he plays a poor shot and gets out cheaply.

What i've noticed with our bowling is that when a wicket falls they're all celebrating it well. It shows they're trying to me. Martin is fired up!

Too often our batting lets the bowlers down after putting on an amazing bowling effort. Hopefully we can chase whatever Aussies make. (Under 200 would be nice) and it would make them feel so great i'm sure.

Symonds just blew his chance especially if Watson makes a 50. He was in there and looking comfortable even starting to get rid to take off then he plays a poor shot and gets out cheaply.

Watto out:mad:

We are in bit of trouble. We need atleast 250 even on this pitch. Hopefully Katich can hang in there for a while. Great chance for Haddin to show his worth as well.

Mitch got another 4 fer. lol:D

Great move playing Watson over a bowler :rolleyes: Might have been hard done by the looks of it still doesn't help his case.

Well done Katich , great peformance with the bat. Need these two to put on a partnership and the tail to make few runs. We need to somehow get a lead of around 250.

We might still win this (not that we deserve to win) but the top order seriously need to get their act together or saffers will smash us.

I disagree. First we go to India and there are dead pitches and we complain there's not enough juice. Now we get some juice and complain that it's too much! Ridiculous! They should be happy just to play international cricket.

This shocking performance is not because of the pitch, it's due to bowling and batsmen who need to get their act together.

Haddin looked pretty good to stumps, I really hope this is his big inns. About time someone in our mid to lower order stood up as it's been a long time since our 6 onwards got a 100.

aussie1st added 3 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

I disagree. First we go to India and there are dead pitches and we complain there's not enough juice. Now we get some juice and complain that it's too much! Ridiculous! They should be happy just to play international cricket.

This shocking performance is not because of the pitch, it's due to bowling and batsmen who need to get their act together.

At least our batsmen have been consistent, consistent failing! In the 2 test we lost in India and now both inns here batsmen just continue to throw their wicket away through poor shots or run outs. They badly need to fix this as we weren't meant to be struggling with our batting when McGrath and Warne retired..

Wotto is loosing his allrounder potentiality :( Hayden is in his worst form ever. Katman is now the key along with Haddin, 250+ lead Kiwi will be in big trouble :p

Not read many of the posts in this thread today, watching the game now, sky +'d and it's really good cricket. Jesse Ryder played very well before throwing his wicket away, he'd played that cut shot so well earlier in his innings, but just picked the wrong ball. It was a shocking delivery from Watson, but not short enough for the cut. McCullum also looked very good before he got a good'un from Johnson. Taylor is also looking good as well, New Zealand certainly have some very exciting players to watch.

Australia have bowled OK, Lee looked very good, back to his best I thought. Johnson has also looked very good, seems to have developed a far better and more consistent line in this test. He's generating some serious pace as well, a few balls coming through in the high 140's. It's just Clark that hasn't looked brilliant thus far, seemed to be trying abit too hard. I wasn't particularly impressed with his seam presentation either, a guy like Southee yesterday had a fantastic seam position, and actually far better than Clark, who seems to scramble the seam alot more. I'm sure it was a 1 spell blip though, he is a class bowler, some of the seam movement he was getting against How early was very impressive.

New Zealand in a decent position here though (4-92), if Taylor can keep going and play a similar innings to Michael Clarke's for Australia then they'll be in a strong position. It's also swinging out there, so if they do get bowled out at least Southee will have something to bowl with, Southee swinging the ball is incredibly dangerous.

Last edited:
Johnson got 4 wickets,he bowled well,NZ bowled well,they got 6 wickets,Australia lead by 189 runs with 4 wickets remaining,just 2 days of play and 26 wickets are gone...

Users who are viewing this thread