New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Beautiful ball Vettori. Now we need to steamroll through Lee, Johnson and Clark. 230-240 would be achievable. We'd have to bat damn well though

Krejza must be thinking what if, there wasn't much on offer for the pacemen so worrying signs since we left out our spinner.

Vettori will have Lee soon. You can see it coming. He's all over him like a rash.

Krejza must be thinking what if, there wasn't much on offer for the pacemen so worrying signs since we left out our spinner.

I'm wondering what if too. If Watson didn't play over Krejza we could have made more runs first innings.

irottev added 10 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I'd say our dropped catches off Katich this session will cost us the game.

I'm wondering what if too. If Watson didn't play over Krejza we could have made more runs first innings.

irottev added 10 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I'd say our dropped catches off Katich this session will cost us the game.

Well if the selectors had Watson at 6, we would now have a spinner for the last inns and Watson still able to do his 1st inns stuff.

Australia might be looking at a lead of 300. Katich playing a great innings under pressure.

No nervous 90s so far for Katich cracks 2 4s to move to the highest score of the match.
We definitely need 300 as this pitch is flattening and if the Kiwis put their mind to it they could chase this. 300 might not be enough with so much time as well.

Just the 3rd day,1st session,Australia lead by 244 runs with Katich and Lee both looking good,if they can extend a lead to 300,that will be very difficult for NZ

Last edited:
Lol Lee gets him self on the board for strangest way to get out. Almost trapped it in his thigh but instead goes through to hit the stumps.

Yep no nervous 90s for Katich three 4s to go from 90 to 102. Great 100 by him, hes played the knock that we badly needed.

I think we're out of it now. Well done Katich, carried the Aussies.

Lead's going to be at least 300. Game over.

Last edited:
Katich played very well for his 100,he alone stood there,like M Clarke played in 1st inngs,Australia still lead by 255,Johnson can play few shots,Aus can get lead of 270-280,lets see...

Katich's 4th ton in this season. the best Aussie batsman of the year. :clap

I think we're out of it now. Well done Katich, carried the Aussies.

Lead's going to be at least 300. Game over.

Possibly but I keep thinking back to the Windies a few years back where they had 2 days to chase 400+ which is now the highest ever chase.

Users who are viewing this thread