New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

This is the innings here where Jamie How and Aaron Redmond prove there spot.

Our openings need a good partnership

And How fails sadly. Can't get the form he showed in the opener

Congrats Brett Lee!

Carn Lee, Redmond out cheaply again. Great start and Brett Lee's 300th wicket. Congrats.

Hmmm is it Redmond or How? Tony just said How.

Redmond gone, why am I not surprised. Average of 18 after nearly 18 tests is just unacceptable.

Well done Lee, showing how he is a class above Shoaib Akhtar just thanks to fitness

It's How. Game over. We stand no chance now.

I'd rather we'd just gotten thrashed then to see us dominate Australia and then throw it away.

Last edited:
Actually Jamie How. And he averages like only 22, so again, another unacceptable performance.

zMario added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

irottev - whats the logic beyond having 2 men who average less than 42 opening the innings?

They have the experience of over like 35 tests.... (combined)

zMario added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Anyway Jesse Ryder is in. High expectations from him I think - key wicket IMO.

New Zealand are hard hit by ICL and such, obviously their team is low on experience.

Cmon NZ, pull your big boy pants on and bust this out.

Actually Jamie How. And he averages like only 22, so again, another unacceptable performance.

zMario added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

irottev - whats the logic beyond having 2 men who average less than 42 opening the innings?

They have the experience of over like 35 tests.... (combined)

zMario added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Anyway Jesse Ryder is in. High expectations from him I think - key wicket IMO.

I personally think of Jamie How very highly and think he has potential. Hes just not living up to it and is painfully inconsistent

Clark coming in from the other end

zMario added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

I personally think of Jamie How very highly and think he has potential. Hes just not living up to it and is painfully inconsistent
No offense, but I have potential to average 150+ in tests and 75+ in ODIs.

Its just how you use that potential and how consistent you can be.

zMario added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Driven, very unsafe shot, Symonds pulls it back.

2 runs taken - just wide of Symonds, could have easily been 2nd wicket down for NZ.

300 for Lee! What a bowler he is. I just wish his average was a bit lower :p

NZ dont really have a chance now unless Vettori comes to bat on top and make the Aussie bowler toil.

Clark almost got Redmond. That was close but not close enough.

Wow, that should have been given. Should have been 2 down New Zealand, should be thanking their lucky stars. Could have been outside the line but was definitely hitting.

We simply don't have a big talent pool. Opener wise, we've tried heaps of people since Richardson retired.

Cumming, Papps, Redmond, How, Bell, Fulton, Marshall i'm sure i've missed half a dozen those just instantly came to mind.

How and Redmond are the most recent and they're being given a fair go. What I don't understand is that we hada guy Matthew Bell opening last season and he actually scored a hundred! That hadn't happened in a LONG time, yet he got dropped after 1 bad series whereas How's survived for many series. How got 170 in the warm-up. He's got talent. He just isn't performing at this level. He's talented enough. I don't know, driving a ball first ball today was stupid, things like that.

Redmond deserves a bit more time. We've tried almost everyone and we can't find anyone who can consistently survive the new ball.

Our batting has also gotten considerably worse ever since this 'batting coach' was added to the coaching staff. All he's doing is ruining our players natural game.

Users who are viewing this thread