New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

He averages like 38 in the last 4 years. More than most batsmen in the top order.

Some very tight calls being made by the umpires, but the bowling does does deserve wickets.

Bad leave there, good ball. Good to see our bowlers performing now, it must be a difficult batting track. I thought it was supposed to get better for batting as the test went on? Well, thats what my dad was ranting on about :p

It's definitely a lot easier to bat on, just our bowlers are bowling it in the right spot and we are getting it to reverse and for Clark cut into the batter. Wish Johnson would pitch the ball up, hes bowling fall too short since his wicket.

Yup that ball has certainly reminded me Mcgrath.
Awesome bowling from Clarke.I think I would give Australian bowler more credits over the difficult pitch.
Anyway McCullum gone so Match is finished now for Kiwiz.

This is the last partnership and it now needs to be 150+ Game was over once Ryder got out. And that was a shocking call too.

Johnson does a Harmy, although I'll call that a Jonny. Harmy ball at least was on the pitch that wasn't even on there lol.

When I saw New Zealand using McCullum at 5 in their last few tests I thought they were doing the wrong thing, and his performance in this match and his record at number 5 that I checked out on cricinfo statsguru only confirm this.

McCullum shouldn't be batting at 5, he is a hitter, he would be more useful lower down the order where he is shielded from the new ball and the fresh bowlers. His hitting would be more valuable at 6 or 7 because he can plunder the tired bowlers and the old ball, and also hit out if he gets caught with the tail.

Moving Flynn up one place would be a good move because he seems to have a good technique, and, as he showed in the first innings, he is not going to have much impact if he gets caught with the tail.

Bad leave there, good ball. Good to see our bowlers performing now, it must be a difficult batting track. I thought it was supposed to get better for batting as the test went on? Well, thats what my dad was ranting on about :p
It's gone to the normal Gabba, 50-50 contest between bat and ball. However, the bowlers have been better than the batsmen and that has tipped the scales. How was not switched on early enough, Redmond had a chance but just sucks too much. Ryder was good, but got frustrated too easily and McCullum looked like he was trying to leave a ball against his instincts. These two look like they're doing the right things and with the ball losing shine, the partnership ought to last to stumps.

Lee seems to have lost his pace even though hes only bowled 5 overs in his 1st spell. Didn't look threatening at all in his 2nd spell either. Johnson back on and has looked much more threatening with 2 close LBW calls already.

Excellent bowling by Johnson, great wicket and well deserved one as well. Now keep bowling that line and length and less of that short stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread