New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

but would the selectors be looking at entertainment value for the crowd whilst picking the side or the better value player :rolleyes:

He will always be little hit or miss but thats the way he plays I guess (bit like Gilly but not as good). I just love the way he goes about his cricket , you know never a dull moment with Symo. Hes great for the entertainment value. I know that shoudnt have any effect in team selection but I still want him in the team. Anyway we should just agree to disagree on this.

His hit and miss might be alright if Haddin was performing better but he too is hit and miss so you can't really have both unless one of them become more consistent.

but would the selectors be looking at entertainment value for the crowd whilst picking the side or the better value player :rolleyes:

I wasnt talking about selectors , its just my personal opinion.

His hit and miss might be alright if Haddin was performing better but he too is hit and miss so you can't really have both unless one of them become more consistent.

Yeah thats a good point. Lets hope Haddin can get his act together soon. I reckon we should give these guys few test matches , if they still failed to secure their spot after that we can start looking for replacements.

Last edited:
I do agree we should be giving these guys a few more test matches, it's where I would have stuck with Watson at 6. He should be given the summer to show what he can do seeing he was already in the team and was starting to find his groove. Obviously Haddin will have the summer to prove himself as no one has stepped up, but hes got some work to do.

Good effort by Southee, Martin, O'Brien & Ryder dissapointed Vettori didn't give Southee a chance at getting a 5fer, but brilliant opening spell.

No Aussie batsman besides Hussey, really looked that comfortable, Clarke fought hard but he got really lucky on occasions, especially on that check shot he played off Southee... how that didn't lob up straight to the 2nd slips is beyond me.

It will be interesting to see how we go tomorrow, Redmond looked alright while How looked a little troubled by the pace of Brett Lee. Should be an interesting morning session.

It will be really interesting to see,if NZ dosent loose any wicket till lunch,then Aus will be in real trouble that too at home.

That would be a miracle. I don't know when the last time was that our opening partnership has survived an entire session. Against this attack i'd bet a lot we won't.

Well we've had another smacking up here in South-East Queensland by the weather, not as bad as a few days ago, so it will still be aiding the bowlers all-day tomorrow, the key to a good innings for the Black Caps is too dig in early and just watch every delivery and don't flash at too many outside-off. If NZ can survive that first session with at the very least 1 wicket down, It really is going to be game on.

It's really is an innings that a Redmond or a Flynn who are both real scrappy batsman and good anchors to the innings are going to be the key for New Zealand tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good batting by Clark and Clarke. I hope Saffers are watching this. Morkel will be handfull aginst Punter.

Aussies need to pick up atleast 3 to 4 wickets in the first session.

Clark back to taking wickets :) First ball of the day and NZ losing their first wicket. Great start, should do our bowlers confidence the world of good.

When your confidence is down it sure is down. That is the last thing you want to be doing when the pressure is on for your head.

Damn you Haddin :mad: how you can drop a catch like this :noway

Aus got the early much needed wicket,now it all depends on this partnership ,if these two stay there till lunch it will be really interesting to see Aus tactics then.

Users who are viewing this thread