New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Tomorrow Aus will wrap up NZ inngs,6 down just 4 to go,i thought NZ bowled well in 1st inngs,but they didnt get near to Aus 1st inngs total,and then a big lead and top order collapse,but Taylor batted really well.

Has he dropped his speed to try and prevent further injuries or something, I remember hearing about him trying to become a batting all-rounder.

Yep Butler is a medium pacer now basically. Ever since his back injuries he's lowered his pace down a lot.

Boult is still new on the scene, i'd wait a while before introducing him. Our bowlers didn't do a bad job so I don't see why we'd change them.

I'd give Redmond a last chance in the West Indies series unless one of the domestic openers posts another hundred before it. McIntosh and Bell already have hundreds so if they score big again i'd pick one of them.

Flynn should bat at 5 above McCullum. We have Ryder, Taylor and McCullum all in a row and all are aggressive. Plus it puts another lefty in the middle of two rightys. I'd consider him opening but i'd like to see him prove he can for his domestic side first.

Elliot isn't good enough, we'll have Oram back for the West Indies series (hopefully) but i'd add Fulton for Adelaide.

My Adelaide eleven:
Redmond
How
Fulton
Ryder
Taylor
Flynn
McCullum
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien
Martin

It's hard to find a placed for Patel without taking a batsman out and since our batting is a big problem i'd rather have a batsman.

Bell needs another shot. I mean, he struggled against england but that may just have been a bad run. Give him another shot. Can't be any worse then Redmond

At least he scored a hundred, even if it was against Bangladesh.

Bell's got 18? domestic hundreds I believe. It's a record for NZ Domestic cricket I think. He's obviously the best person for the opening job. He's 31 so not too old, got a few years in him and 18 tests experience. He scored 69 in his last test which is a lot better then the 10's Redmond is getting. Why they persist with Redmond and threw Bell away after a few bad tests I don't understand.

At least in Adelaide Redmond might do a bit of bowling.

Bell has the most hundreds for one team. But I think he'll be a better prospect for the moment anyway

Another stunning catch by Roy to get Vettori out. Don't think many other fielders could have taken that.

Aus might wrap up NZ in this session,Johnson is bowling well,even in India he bowled well where pitches dosent suite fast bowlers,he is improving all the time...

One more wicket to Johnson,Taylor really played well,he was there playing alone,a good knock came to an end,Aus just few mins away from victory here,all their main bastman are gone now.

well it's all over now. we're gonna lose :(

Some Southee magic here, lets see how he goes against Johnson. Although Martin on strike so don't know if he'll get a hit.

Congrats Johnson best bowling I've seen from him. Well deserved 5 fer, hmmm thought I would have more cricket watching than this.

WOOOOO :happy 5fer for my Johny Boy :happy well deserved :clap

Aus team plays tough cricket,so Aus lead series here by 1-0 now.They got all 4 wickets in this session.They might win series 2-0.

Users who are viewing this thread