New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Congrats Johnson best bowling I've seen from him. Well deserved 5 fer, hmmm thought I would have more cricket watching than this.

Yeah, Mitch bowled really well this morning. Unlucky not to get a 10 wicket match actually. He finished with 9 I think. Taylor looked really scratchy today. Keep playing and just missing the edge, a few LBW shouts etc. It was only a matter of time before we got him out.

YAY we won!!! Just happy to get a win after that tour in India. We still have plenty of work to do but in the end it was a solid win. All the bowlers did a good job and great to see Johnson dominate a game like this. Man of the match for his 9/69. He was impressive in India and looked really good again here. Clark was back to his best as well. Hopefully the batsmen will put on a better show next match but I think we will be ok.

Pretty enteritaining test match becuase the pitch was great for test cricket , its good to see the ball dominate the bat.

Krejza in for Watson next match.

End of a superb test match between these two traditional rivals. New Zealand won the toss and elected to bowl. They did extremely well to reduce the Australians to 214 in the first innings but their batsmen didn't really follow it up. Bundled out for 156 in the first innings, New Zealand handed an important lead to Australia. The Aussies proved to be better with the bat in the 2nd innings. They stretetched their lead past the 300 run mark and came back to bowl superbly and win by a handsome margin. They have now taken an unassailable lead in this series and the Kiwis are under pressure. They will have to win to draw the series level at Adeilade.

Good test match, we were too good ultimately but definitely some worries from our batting lineup.

Time to make some changes I think, drop Watson and Symonds for Krejza and Dave Hussey.

Also good work from Johnson, I'm finally convinced he's got what it takes following his form in India and now here.

Good game. Refreshing to see bowlers dominating. I won't be suprised if this is Hayden's last game at the GABBA. Another poor match and its curtains. I thought Simon Katich deserved man of the match. He took it out of NZ's hands.

Bell needs another shot. I mean, he struggled against england but that may just have been a bad run. Give him another shot. Can't be any worse then Redmond

No point in going back to Bell in my opinion, he'll be easy pickings for the likes of Taylor, Sharma and Khan this summer. If anyone out of the last 3 openers deserve another shot then it's Michael Papps, because he has been given the worst end of the stick from the selectors, in that he's never been given a decent run in the side to get used to International cricket, while guys like Redmond and Cumming get a decent go at it. Though I still am firmly on the McIntosh bandwagon, as he is the only real established batsman we haven't tried before we have too look at one of the younger batsman.

I haven't seen McIntosh bat before (hard to with no games televised) but i'd like to see him post 1 more big score to make the selectors take notice.

Papps is a good option but has been poor so far this season. He needs runs to be in the frame i'd say.

I think anyone we select to open will be easy pickings for Sharma etc but at least with Bell if he gets a start he knows how to post a century.

Man Chris Martin is a joke, put your body on the line mate. Guys Peter Fulton has gone back to NZ, as well as Kyle Mills. I think Patel will come into the team for O'Brien, hopefully they don't drop Southee.

1.How
2.Southee
3.Flynn
4.Taylor
5.Ryder
6.McCullum
7.Elliot
8.Vettori
9.Redmond
10.Patel
11.Martin

I've seen McIntosh a few times, has a pretty sound technique and once he gets in he makes big runs, but he is very inconsistent.

I've seen McIntosh a few times, has a pretty sound technique and once he gets in he makes big runs, but he is very inconsistent.

I can't see that being a good thing when they are pursuing a replacement to Aaron Redmond. :laugh

I thought O'brien bowled well. Took wickets in both innings. I understand Martin is needed for the experience and Southee for the youthful energy.
How
Ryder
Taylor
Flynn
Mccullum
Vettori
Redmond/Fulton/Hopkins/Elliot/batsman
Southee
Patel
O'brien
Martin

Lee pace was down this match but Clark and Johnson also dipped down so can't read too much there. Hope Lee gets his pace back though, cause without it hes going to be easy pickings for the opposition.

I'm baffled by the decision on Fulton, he must of done something really horrible to someone in NZ Cricket, he should of been a certain selection for the 2nd test after our top order failed badly during this test. I think Southee will be the unlucky bowler to be dropped for Patel, because it seems O'Brien is Vettori's man and Martin was probably the pick of the bowlers in this test.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread