New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Neither bowlers look too threatening here, bringing back memories of the Indian tour. Lee hasn't got much swing and now hes stopped keeping the seam up right.

They should bring my Johny Boy ;)

How gone...Johnson in is good touch really...he got 9 wickets in last match...well bowled,Aus got the 1st wicket,they had to wait for some time for this...Aus would certainly try to get 2 more wickets till lunch and Johnson can do it...

Mitch does his thing once again :) Just his usual half volley leading to a wicket. I wonder how much better Siddle would have done over Lee or Clark.

Prediction...Nathan Hauritz to have 0-64 at stumps tonight...he is very average, don't know why they even picked him.

SOS Krejza :p The cricket Gods clearly don't want us to find a spinner. McGain was perfect now hes gone and then Krejza grabbed a 12 fer and he too is injured.

Redmond playing well,NZ in good poisiton before lunch (so far)compared to last 2 inngs they played,also the RR is good,last time in 1st test,in both inngs,they lost wickets in bulk,now they have certainly improved,and looking more positive...

Average morning for Australia. Redmond played really well after his snail-like start. Ryder supported him very well also.

The bowling hasn't been brilliant but Stuey Clark worked the batsmen over but for no reward. Hauritz has gone for a bit of stick, maybe Ponting should start to set White-like fields and not bowl as many overs. Thoughts?

Boxing Day Test, one-dayers to stay an MCG tradition till 2018

The Boxing Day Test and all international cricket will remain at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) for the next decade under a new agreement with Cricket Victoria.According to The Age, the deal ends more than a year of tense negotiations, after Cricket Victoria resisted the temptation to ease its hefty rain insurance bill playing one-day internationals beneath the roof at Docklands."We recognise that the Boxing Day Test is very much an MCG thing, but we gave serious consideration to playing one-dayers at Telstra Dome," Cricket Victoria chairman Geoff Tamblyn said."

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20081126/379/tsp-boxing-day-test-one-dayers-to-stay-a.html

There were talk that SA inviting Aus for Boxing day test match,they wanted Aus to play in SA on Boxing day...But its official now that Aus will play in Aus on Boxing day

Good to hear that part of the tradition of Australian cricket is still there. It doesn't bother me if they move some ODI games to the Telstra Dome but all of them would be dissapointing.

Yes good to see that atleast for ten more years,we will see boxing day matches played in Aus...

GONE!! Hauritz got Ryder! I have a feeling he will get a few more too. Great catch by Pup.

Redmond is batting really good though, we need to get him soon.

Just as I speak! Hauritz's first test wicket in Australia and well done to him. Good idea that Ponting kept him on and showed him faith (like with Krejza) and he delivered.

Australia's position is looking a bit better now.

Ryder OUT! Just after lunch in the 1st over Aus gets a wicket,good come back here,just 1-2 more wickets,specially if they can get Redmond,Aus will be on top...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread