New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Hahahahahaha. It was all luck. Clearly that was just another off day for Australia. Face up to facts. There is noone in that Australian side that scares anyone anymore. Broom was quoted over here during the week that he didnt see any Australian bowler that was much better than anything in the State Shield here. That shows me that this Kiwi side has no fear of the Aussies and why should they. This lot is average.

Maybe we should play the young NSW Blues side that scared the kiwis.

Tait has hamstring problems again, looks like we brought him back too early just like Watson. Harris most likely to get the nod as replacement so we won't be playing 5 bowlers once again. Too bad Bird got called for throwing as he is the only guy in the domestic comp that could cause Tait like damage.

With our current fitness players i would make.

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Fergusen
Mike Hussey
Haddin
Bowlers

You could also open with Clarke and put in Voges or Hopes or Warner at 7. But Dave and White need to go, and Warner needs some FC experience.

After Siddle effort today I would get him in over Harris. Would be a good chance to get him more match fit and see how he goes in the ODI arena.

The way warner plays he can really only open or come in when the powerplay is on.
Watch any of his big innings an there are lots of shots that fall safely in the deep because the field is up.
He has the freedom to go for it as opener because if he misstimes one they generally fall safe in the deep, with fielders back he will struggle.
So imo he cant be moved lower in the order he either opens or doesnt play.
I say stick with him, its not just him whos failing with the bat its the whole team, they seem to have lost all confidence an are only worried about survival instead of runs.
The players in the squad are definatly talented enough to match it with the worlds best teams, wont dominate like we used to but should still be able to win as many as we lose to top teams.

There feeling the pressure an thinking i cannot get out coz the team is struggling, an in playing that way runs are drying up and there gettin themselves in trouble from not playing there natural game.

What if we had Warner coming in at no.3. Let the two opening batsmen play the first 10 overs, with the fielding restrictions. Then take the batting play early after the 10th over, and get Warner to come in and smash the ball around. Or even bring him in down at 5

Lol selectors making themselves look silly. What did they think would happen when they rested him from the 2nd ODI. Oh well good to have him back so my revised side

Warner
Clarke
Ponting
Ferguson
Voges
Hussey
Haddin
Hopes
Johnson
Bracken
Hilfenhaus

LOL man Australia are pathetic. Shows how much they screwed up. Also shows how arrogant they are expecting Australia to win. They must have expected Australia to win without him otherwise they wouldn't have called him up again. Idiots lol.

Man, i'm enjoying these wins. It's fantastic.

Tait has hamstring problems again, looks like we brought him back too early just like Watson. Harris most likely to get the nod as replacement so we won't be playing 5 bowlers once again. Too bad Bird got called for throwing as he is the only guy in the domestic comp that could cause Tait like damage.

Watson didn't come back too early. He was perfectly fine when the selectors dropped him for the last NZ test essentially for the 'great' Symonds. Then he bent his back a little too much trying to show the selectors that is was a stupid decision. He got 7 wickets in the innings for QLD but paid the injury price.

Read the article on Cricinfo about Ponting coming back and it mentions that the boss of Channel Nine, David Gyngell, and Cricket Australia chief, James Sutherland, spent "much time" talking today about Pontings absence from Sundays game. Sunday just happens to be the first day of the new TV ratings season here in Aus.

The mere fact that these two are talking about Pontings rest schedule is appalling. No TV executive should decide who plays and who doesn't play. Cricket Australia, Tim Nielsen, Ricky Ponting will be falling over themselves to say that Gyngell had no impact on the decision, but it smells a bit rotten to me...

This'll be 3 straight Home ODi series losses won't it? Bad times to be an Aussie fan, even England have a better home ODi record than that, beating India and South Africa at home in recent years =D
You guys are below a team that has played about 4 games in the last 12 months, I wouldn't be singing too soon.

Overturning their biggest decision is weak. They expect the Australian team to be difficult to intimidate, yet they are so easily themselves? I choose to believe that Merv and Boonie didn't contribute to this one.

Watson didn't come back too early. He was perfectly fine when the selectors dropped him for the last NZ test essentially for the 'great' Symonds. Then he bent his back a little too much trying to show the selectors that is was a stupid decision. He got 7 wickets in the innings for QLD but paid the injury price.

I'm not saying he wasn't 100% I just felt at the time he should have been left to play domestic cricket for at least 1 season and if he didn't get injured then bring him back. Anyway that is in the past we saw Watson bowling improve I hope he gets back to that stage. But again I wouldn't be rushing him straight back in and funny enough looks like he will like last season be using the IPL to return from injury.

Users who are viewing this thread