New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

I'm delighted to see Haddin opening and Fergo at 5. Hopefully he comes in at 5. Haddin/Clarke partnership should be awesome to see.

Don't know why White/Dussey is still in there when we have Voges. Ferguson is listed at 7 according to cricinfo feels like our team just gets worst and worst.

Tell me about it. They seem to have a lot of hope for David Hussey. Again, like the last 2 matches, there is a part of me that wants NZ to win...

Ferguson was listed as 6 when it came up. I really do miss Gilchrist and Hayden. Hayden might've even been playing if he got selected.

Might as well watch paint dry, Australias first 10 overs this series as been pretty bad.

Finally two 4s, its taken long enough! It's a bit worrying seeing Haddin trying to create a boundary. That stuff usually leads to wickets, he needs to get back to trying to hit 4s the normal way like he did in the Test.

And 3rd boundary in this over, that is what pressure can do.

I spoke too soon, but this is the innings to go big and make something of themselves. Pacing the innings quite well now.

great to see huss and whitey there. huss is batting well just finding ways to get out. white needs to bat a 4 or 5 he is a star there. wtf is haddin opening for we got hopes who made all his runs as a opener.

i gotta a felling it mite be the whitey show today

50 runs and 2 wickets

bushy added 5 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

its disgraceful fergusson is there. might aswell bring in cosgrove.

Haddin is now starting to look a lot better, was a bit slow before that big over against O'Brien but now hes picking it up. Just hope he stays in there for at least another 15 overs as we need him to accelerate the inns given our not so explosive start.

If Haddin can keep this up, he really could play an important role in the rebuilding. Such clean striking of the ball today. And with Haddin, it seems Clarke is trying to match him run for run and shot for shot.

great to see huss and whitey there. huss is batting well just finding ways to get out. white needs to bat a 4 or 5 he is a star there. wtf is haddin opening for we got hopes who made all his runs as a opener.

i gotta a felling it mite be the whitey show today

50 runs and 2 wickets

bushy added 5 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

its disgraceful fergusson is there. might aswell bring in cosgrove.

This is why Haddin is opening. He needs time to play himself in then he can hit big. He can hit big and score 4's and 6's without the powerplays anyway so a great idea to open with him. Awesome 50 by Hadds.

On the fergo thing you obviously don't watch domestic cricket.

I like this opening partnership, interesting way we have started. First 15 overs we played very steady but since the powerplays have ended we have increased the run rate out of sight. Haddin in particular is killing it and now Clarke is into it. Wonder if those wanting Clarke to be dropped still feel that way!

Anyway I reckon we have our new opening partnership, now to fix that middle order.

We're not looking good here. I'd say Aussies have bounced back. A big score will be a struggle for our newish line up with 5 bowlers. I'm really worried about McCullum, his batting will be restricted majorly by that ball which hit him. I'm not very happy with those lines down the pitch, they caused trouble in the tests too. They need to fix that, it's dangerous.

The cheat got a 50. Damn. :( Been real lucky so far, none of the edges and skied balls have gone to our fielders. It's Australia's day.

Users who are viewing this thread