New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Momentum favours us. Husseys are in form. We have this series in the bag. Bring on the proteas.

FRIDAY
Numerous Showers
Mostly Cloudy. Mild. Windy.
43 km/h E
MIN 20* MAX 26*

Looks like it could be a shortened depending on how hard the wind pushes. Looks like a good day for swing bowling as well compared to any other humid, dry and flat decks.

Shortened will play into our favor I believe. I always think batting less overs and bowlers bowling less overs helps out the team who are currently on the back foot. Purely because it's a different style of game and it;s less overs to bat and bowl which leads to more positive cricket. I hope we win the toss. We won the last few in Aus but we lost all but 1 of the crucial weather ones in NZ

Speaking of shortened games: Twenty/20 Squad
New Zealand squad Brendon McCullum (wk), Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor, Grant Elliott, Neil Broom, Nathan McCullum, Peter McGlashan (wk), James Franklin, Kyle Mills, Daniel Vettori (capt), Tim Southee, Ian Butler, Iain O'Brien.

Good to see Franklin and Nathan McCullum in the squad. Also McGlashan is better than Hopkins so that's pleasing also. Butler is an interesting selection. I feel his bowling is a bit like pie chucking, but here's hoping i'm proven wrong. Batting is handy.

Last edited:
Jeez, as a kiwi I feel ashamed about these fellas on the forum laying into everyone and being negative. They still have chance and face facts about four of our players are not international standard, yet. Fulton needs to go, the guy is a gimp. Cumming has been harshly dealt with, the guy was in the form of his life batting at no. 4 for Otago, was called to Aussie and made to sit on the sidelines while his domestic team played a state final then called in for game 4 two weeks after his last innings. Broom is still another 10 matches from looking comfortable and Southee is inconsistant mainly because of his age. I think that if we stick with this squad minus Fulton and bring back Ryder and Oram we have a team that will in two years be in the top two in this form of the game. I am sick to death of the posts stating NZ has been put in its place especially when they come from supporters of teams that have achieved naff all in the last two years (one series aside). After this series I hope the Aussies head to Africa and beat the Saffers and we come home and beat the Indians.

Took people awhile to pick that up ;) Looking at the squad he is the only guy that is captaincy material next to White but his spot is far from secured compared to Haddin.

From the reports i've been hearing the chances of play seem to be slim to none.

Well, looks like this series may be drawn out.

New Zealand's cricketers awoke to heavy rain in Brisbane on Friday, placing in doubt the chances of completing the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy decider against Australia.

The Bureau of Meteorology forecast a mostly cloudy Black Friday in Brisbane with a few showers, tending to rain at times.

Cricket: Rain predicted to sour Gabba clash | CRICKET

If it doesn't start to dry up now, it's going to be difficult play.

I've been hearing on the radio it's still bucketing down and doesn't look like clearing.

Users who are viewing this thread