New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

I can't see how the Kiwis can expect to beat the Aussies, even if we are out of form if they can't put up a fight against the second youngest blues side ever!!

Awesome to see Henriques with 4 wickets!

Casson is bowling now, 9 overs so far. Like i expected they were saving him for the last innings to try take advantage of the pitch if it was spinning and if there were footmarks.

I can't see how the Kiwis can expect to beat the Aussies, even if we are out of form if they can't put up a fight against the second youngest blues side ever!!

Our best 2 batsmen (after Vettori) aren't taking part in the match since the second day. What do you expect for 9 vs 11 lol? I'd have backed us to do better second innings (as we normally do) but we lost them, so that kinda sucked. It's the same every time. We lose every test because of 1 innings with the bat.

I do find it annoying how Vettori is always out batting the top order though.

Last edited:
Steve Waugh and Hussey are suggesting we should go in with 2 all rounders and drop a paceman. Don't know what is with the all rounder love all of a sudden. We don't need Symonds for his bowling so I would definitely stick with the 3 quicks with Watson. And we also need to see where Lee, Johnson and Clark are at with their bowling after below average form in India.

Our best 2 batsmen (after Vettori) aren't taking part in the match since the second day. What do you expect for 9 vs 11 lol? I'd have backed us to do better second innings (as we normally do) but we lost them, so that kinda sucked. It's the same every time. We lose every test because of 1 innings with the bat.

Well considering our whole top order Apart from Thornely are under 23 or something, dont remember what it is (Hughes, Khawaja, Forrest, Henriques, Smith) it's still no excuse. Henriques is 21, he's taken 4 wickets and scored a 50. Hazlewood who is 17 making his debut took your opener and Ross Taylor. It's our second youngest side ever. The youngest was a side in like the 1940's.

Henriques got his 5 fer with the wicket of Mills. His second 5 fer so not a bad effort getting your 2nd one against an International side.

Well its about time Henriques showed what he can do, he has rare talent and i am geniunely pleased for him for his effort so far, impressive.

The New Zealand team is pretty young, I think they are all in their twenties apart from O'Brien, Martin and Southee.

I know it's not your first XI, but it's not even close to NSW's either. They're missing their entire pace attack, most of their batsmen, their number 1 wicketkeeper and their best spinner (MacGill>Casson even post retirement).

I know it's not your first XI, but it's not even close to NSW's either. They're missing their entire pace attack, most of their batsmen, their number 1 wicketkeeper and their best spinner (MacGill>Casson even post retirement).

You've got a lot to look forward to then.

What's your points though? I think we're all well aware of how weak our NZ batting line up has been in the last few years. Are you honestly surprised? Us Kiwi's are used to it now. But at least we do have a young side and they can improve and develop.

Considering our batters aren't really run-machines, it hurts us more that we have 2 guys out injured. Luckily McCullum's batting now, probably couldn't bat until 7th because of being off the field so long. How still dominated the attack so that's one positive sign plus Vettori got 4 and has another unbeaten 50 (as usual, Vettori carries the side on his own)

I'm not really surprised at all, although I do think you will put up a bigger fight when we play you guys.

Steve Waugh and Hussey are suggesting we should go in with 2 all rounders and drop a paceman. Don't know what is with the all rounder love all of a sudden. We don't need Symonds for his bowling so I would definitely stick with the 3 quicks with Watson. And we also need to see where Lee, Johnson and Clark are at with their bowling after below average form in India.

Totally agree

WHY?????

Did they not see our main problem in India was BOWLING!!! So they want to put an extra batsman in the team :eek:

What would they do bat Watson at 7 and Haddin at 8? That wastes them. We need to test their batting ability. Watson could be our #6 for the next few years if he can show an ability to make consistent runs, but no lets demote him to #7. Same for Haddin, poor guy has struggled in Test cricket so far - yeah lets put him at #8 that'll help :mad:

Not to mention our bowling. We'd have 2 proven bowlers!!! Lee and Johnson/Clark. Then you'd have Watson, Krejza at your next level, followed by Symonds, Katich, Clarke and Hussey if needed. That is not a good attack, please don't do that Aussie selectors :upray

But I still can't decide who I want. Watson didn't bat consistenly well enough in India to cement #6, but surely he is the man for the future, not Symonds (given he can actually bowl :D, and he's quite a few years younger). Yet Symonds brings experience and a reputation plus some plan B off-spin if Krejza gets belted by NZ somehow. All I know is I don't want both...

The only all-rounder I want to play for the Kiwi test series is Dave Hussey. Although, he's hardly an allrounder he can do the job with the ball.

McCullum got hit on the foot and is having x-rays. He possibly has broken toes. Just what we need. Just send us home and we'll come back next time.

Users who are viewing this thread