New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

I'd drop Mills. He's extremely poor and expensive in this warm-up. He let us down badly in Bangladesh also. I'd at least make him 4th change, because him opening is a waste of the new ball.

Who is this Henriques guy? Opening the bowling and batting at 4. Get him in the Aussie side!

Who is this Henriques guy? Opening the bowling and batting at 4. Get him in the Aussie side!

Lol you seriously don't know who he is? Hes got huge wraps for being our future all rounder, even to the extent that members from here not supporting Aus know about him.

Good to see him finally passing the 50 mark, things are slowly falling into place for him. And now Steven Smith is closing in on a 50 to go with his 2 wickets.

I think there will have to be an injury to a top order batsman for that to happen.

If the Gabba indeed seams around, our bowling attack is much better to exploit that movement.

I dunno, I have a good feeling about this series. I think we're going to lose, but I think we'll put in worthy performances and run the Aussies closeish in one of the games. I think Southee will pick up a big haul in one of the games, probably the first.

Well Jesse Ryder appears to have gone down with a mystery illness, so Fulton could play. Not the best player to be replaced though, if it had only been Redmond or Flynn!

Henriques played grade cricket in my area- St. George. Saw him once. Huge- as in tanky. Big forearms seem to be a sign of an international batsman. I think Mccullum has hit a rough patch.

Henriques has been hyped up a lot but he hasn't really done much yet has he? Not that I doubt he's capable.

The hype has died down a bit lately especially as time has past from the Ashes. Probably also having Watson and Symonds filling the all rounder role in the past few seasons has seen less of a push for a young all rounder.

Hes finally on the park to get some form and as I said hes developing nicely this season. Hes got a good technique and when I saw him he had a cover drive like Mark Waugh while a slog sweep like Steve. He looks to be getting more accurate with his bowling just needs wickets now.

Yeah has been having a better season, still probably a few years off though, but certainly long term a great prospect.

McCullum's having back spasms and Ryder's been spewing the last 2 days. Well, I hope they're better before the first test. Or we're absolutely screwed.

Apparently Bracewell's even had to don the whites!

Redmond is still playing keeper, I hope McCullum can play. I'd say there's a high chance Hopkins will make the side now and McCullum will play as a batter :/

Henriques and Steven Smith batted fantastic yesterday and so did the Dom. The kiwis dropped far too many catches with Forrest being dropped twice in Gully and Hughes once in slips/gully. They were all difficult diving catches but they were still dropped.

The boundarys were amazingly lobsided. The boundary at the pavillion end was HUGE and the other one was tiny. Also, the kiwis changed the ball TWICE in the first hour. They were trying to rough it up for vettori then start complaining its lost its shape...

Good day overall yesterday, I took some nice pics I might post in here later. The new stand they built looks awesome and the first time you see it the SCG looks so different lol.

I think we wanted to stay in the field lol. At least it gave the bowlers some good practice.

Our catching was good in Bangladesh, kinda disappointing.

I think It was Ross Taylor who dropped all 3. He did take two screamers though so a mixed day for him if he did drop them.

Henriques now grabbing wickets. Just what the doctor ordered after his economical spells so far this season. Congrats to Steven Smith on making it past the 50 mark too.

Users who are viewing this thread