New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Rolling their angles? :p

On FoxSports news the reporter said that Krejza laid on the ground for about 5 minutes. They also said that we could even go with an all-out pace attack, which I thought was a bit rich considering Adelaide has always taken turn.

Not upset that Watson was dropped, but I'd still rather him than Symonds. Watson can bowl, whereas Symonds at the moment is doing absolutely nothing. Chuck Berry wrote a great article (1 in a million) this week about how we're degrading the baggy green by ignoring those who have worked hard and succeeded for years and selecting guys like Symonds who are in horrible form and have been out for disciplinary reasons recently.

Boxing Day Test, one-dayers to stay an MCG tradition till 2018

The Boxing Day Test and all international cricket will remain at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) for the next decade under a new agreement with Cricket Victoria.According to The Age, the deal ends more than a year of tense negotiations, after Cricket Victoria resisted the temptation to ease its hefty rain insurance bill playing one-day internationals beneath the roof at Docklands."We recognise that the Boxing Day Test is very much an MCG thing, but we gave serious consideration to playing one-dayers at Telstra Dome," Cricket Victoria chairman Geoff Tamblyn said."

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20081126/379/tsp-boxing-day-test-one-dayers-to-stay-a.html

There were talk that SA inviting Aus for Boxing day test match,they wanted Aus to play in SA on Boxing day...But its official now that Aus will play in Aus on Boxing day

NZ Probable side:

Redmond
How
Ryder
Taylor
Fulton
Flynn
McCullum
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien
Martin

Fulton is over there training with the team and has been hinted to be added over Elliot. Mark Gillespie is a possibility over Southee (but I really hope not)

Symonds' rehabilitation team has been trying to convince him that giving up drinking would be the best way to save his career after the latest fan drama.

Rolling their angles? :p

On FoxSports news the reporter said that Krejza laid on the ground for about 5 minutes. They also said that we could even go with an all-out pace attack, which I thought was a bit rich considering Adelaide has always taken turn.

I remember them fantacising this idea against India last summer. It didn't work last time and I can't see it working this time.

If Hauritz plays we win. :D

lol if he can keep batsmen of the likes of David Hussey and Brad Hodge quiet, I think NZ might not be a real hard opposition. NSW beat NZ, and we are coming last in the shield, if that give you any idea of the quality of our domestic teams, and when we beat you it was our second youngest side ever. Most domestic teams have international worthy players, or ex international players anyway. Thats why our players are so successful when they come into the squad, as they've already had experience against Test Quality players.

Looks like we are bowling first.

Hauritz no longer a 1 cap wonder :) Can't wait to see how he goes in his 2nd dig. Much better side by the Kiwis although though Patel would come in but this bowling lineup is probably better.

New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat first,they should not play too many shots in first few overs,just try to stay there,runs will come...Aus will certainly go for a whitewash,which is very much possible...Its Hayden's 100th test,Congratulations..its a great achivement,not many players reach there..

Last edited:
Neither bowlers look too threatening here, bringing back memories of the Indian tour. Lee hasn't got much swing and now hes stopped keeping the seam up right.

Users who are viewing this thread