New Zealand Tour of India, November 2010/11

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think they'd prefer someone younger, and let McCullum focus on his batting and keeping?

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I would say taking the captaincy away from Vettori is a good move if there was someone ready to take it over, Taylor probably isn't. I think the best move for now is Vettori to stay on as captain for a while longer but lose the selecting role and lose the "Dan the Man" attitude that he apparently has.

ferg512

International Coach
How about they do what the Kolkata IPL team did and just rotate it lol. What about Mills isn't he vice captain?? He could do the ODIs while Vettori can continue the tests. Vettori planned just to give up ODI captaincy right?

P

pcfan123

haha yea it worked so well that didn't they rotate out the coach who suggested that strategy?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Changing the captain won't help their fortunes. The team lacks confidence and there is no one who can take up the mantle from Vettori. Advocating a change in the captaincy at this time, especially when the World Cup is barely 4 months away will be a huge mistake.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I don't think anyone's suggesting a captaincy change before the World Cup. Like you say, that would just add to our woes. I don't like having a player as a selector though, although he's a bit better than those Aussie selectors :p

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
i support the idea of change in captaincy. Vettori's inputs as a senior are always there for the on-field captain to have, just the pressure off of Vettori's shoulders of facing and answering media would help liven his performances and also a fresh mindset of the new captain will help the team.

Frankly there is not much to lose. Vettori can continue to captain the NZ team through the WC and then the board may decide what changes to bring about, or it could all happen prior and experimented with against Pak itself.
How do you guys perceive Brendon McCullum in that role?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
491787.jpg

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
These tours were possibly the worst thing that could happen to NZ before a World Cup in the Sub Continent.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Could be the best thing to prepare themselves. Now they knows what to expect. But definitely not good for their confidence

Users who are viewing this thread