New Zealand tour of India (Sept-Oct 2016)

Jukebox Romeo

School Cricketer
Don't see the point in Devcich being in the team at all let alone coming in at 7. Can barely hold a bat and is even more useless with the ball. Combined with Ronchi in the playing XI. NZ unnecessarily giving themselves a handicap by going in with 9 players.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As expected, India are going unchanged.

And we win the toss again !

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Kohli and Rohit is hone! This will be a good test for Pandey and Jadhav to get dome runs for t he team. At 71/2, it could be anyones game. A good 100 run partnership is needed now for the team. Not really a great situation for India at the moment.:noway Edit: Rahane is gone! India might lose this match.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Rahane gone too .. poor shot

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Wow that is some poor umpiring from the 3rd umpire. I don't know how he couldn't see the bounce.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. I told this before. I am telling now. Go watch domestic matches. You will know his patience.
  2. He scored 3 centuries in tests with SR of 45-55 and his SR currently is 55. This is not patience ?
  3. Sehwag scored aggresively.
  4. And harsh that you are judging him only by last couple of matches and not his entire career! Anybody can have bad a match or two !

Scoring and getting runs is important. It's not how you get it, it's whether you get it or no. And he is getting runs ! Again I take the reference of players like Sehwag, Baz.

Dude. See these two sentences 'Gambhir is back in form' . 'Rahul was always in form'. Why should Rahul sit ? Why should he make way for GG when Rahul is already playing well?

Did Rahul lose form ? NO
Is Rahul scoring ? YES

Then, why the #### should he sit for so called Gambhir's new form ? And by the way, GG played well only in last 3 FC matches. Not whole freaking season. Look at past 3 years in Ranji trophy. Compare Rahul's stats vs GG's stats. Then talk to me about their form. Until you check this, I am not replying to you anymore.

A player should replace another player only when the player loses form. Has Rahul lost form ? NO. Then, he should not sit out . As simple as that !

If you are considering Rahul's whole career then Gambhir's career is good too. May be he is out of form for few years.
And according to your logic Rishabh Pant scored 562 in 4 matches. 1 triple century. Avg- 112.4. which means he is better than Bradman. :D
Now come to current ODI team. Rahane,Pandey, Jadhav all are doing well, also in form
When Rahul, Raina all got fit then they shouldn't be replaced, according to your logic. But they will. That's the way it happens.
Leave Gambhir, if Tendulkar want to come back then one of regular players will get replaced. as simple as that.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Golden opportunity for Jadhav to make a mark here. Also for Dhoni to get the critics off his back by leading the team to a win. It won't be easy at all though

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
If you are considering Rahul's whole career then Gambhir's career is good too. May be he is out of form for few years.
And according to your logic Rishabh Pant scored 562 in 4 matches. 1 triple century. Avg- 112.4. which means he is better than Bradman. :D
Now come to current ODI team. Rahane,Pandey, Jadhav all are doing well, also in form
When Rahul, Raina all got fit then they shouldn't be replaced, according to your logic. But they will. That's the way it happens.
Leave Gambhir, if Tendulkar want to come back then one of regular players will get replaced. as simple as that.

My logic is out of 10 matches, don't judge only last two matches. Going by his logic, Kohli didnt perform for so many matches since that 200. So, he should be dropped ? lol. That's ridiculous.

And about what I have indicated in bold, performing in only 4 matches should not earn a call. Rahul didn't perform only for 4 matches. He is been performing consistently since past 3 years. Not freaking only 3 matches like Gambhir. Why should he be replaced ?

Just don't tel "according to your logic" in each line if you can't understand what I tell. I never said judge only by 4 matches and compare to don bradman. tbh you are acting little childish bringing don bradman and sachin into your post.

What I am trying to say is, if a player is performing well, do not replace him. Rahul is performing well and he should not be replaced !

And you said "Gambhir's career is good too. May be he is out of form for few years." So you accept he is out of form and still you want him to replace in form Rahul who didnt play well in just last two match ?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Kedar Jadhav should take it down a notch. Don't want to take risk by playing shots at this point.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Kedar Jadhav should take it down a notch. Don't want to take risk by playing shots at this point.

I think it's good that he has Dhoni at the other hand because it looks like he is just guiding Jadhav as in when he should take the risk. Dhoni on the other hand just wants to stay till the end and therefore he is just rotating the strike rather than going for the big shots. Not a bad plan at all if they can both stay there for another 10 overs.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well not to be for Kedar. Unfortunate for him because he was looking really good. Good to see them showing faith in Akshar. He is the one who can rotate the strike better than Hardik and Hardik will be more useful later on if we reach closer to the target with his big hits.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Unfortunate for Jadhav .. 9 times out of 10 that shot would have gone for 4

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well this is the problem we have faced. We dont have any one reliable after Dhoni and its been a big problem. Previously Raina was there so we were good but although Jadav played well we need someone like Rohit batting down the lineup & Rahane & KL Rahul/Dhawan opening

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Well dhoni's wishes are being answered ... before the series he complained about how out lower middle order doesn't get a chance to bat in subcontinent conditions because we are so prolific on the top

Users who are viewing this thread