New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka, 2009

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'sd rather he declared straight away. Remember it's a 3 day game, not a 4 dayer so give us a day to bowl em out. I think he will, because he's a very selfless player.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
New Zealand would only lose 5-6 overs if he went for his 100, maybe not even that. We would have plenty of time to bowl them out.

charith

Club Captain
Good stuff from NZ they need all the confidence they can get from the 2 warm up games. Why there are 2 3 day warm ups instead of 1 4day game is a mystery to me. Supposedly it was NZ who wanted to get rid of the additional Test to add another warm up. When they are already not playing enough Test cricket I don't really know the thought processes there..

Hopefully Dilshan is fit for the Tests. I think Jayawardane will take the gloves again since he's recovered from his injury. Its also good to see McCullum keeping as well the balance of the side is so much better when he does.

I don't know about Oram he just seems out of sorts atm. I remember the last time they played SL both he and Franklin looked all at sea against Murali so would be interesting to see how that goes. Don't see Malinga playing in the Tests so it'll probably be the same attack with Mendis replacing Herath. Tough call since he bowled beautifully against a line up much better at playing spin but if you ask any of the Kiwis they would rather be playing Herath than Mendis.

SL should really go for the jugular here with ratings points up for grabs too. I was disappointed they didnt try for 3-0 with Pakistan when they had a really good chance. Should go hard to make this 2-0.

Ari

International Cricketer
Good stuff yesterday (apart from Oram). Should be able to bowl them out today providing the weather stays fine.

nz0003

International Cricketer

irottev

School Cricketer
I think Chris Martin could do with some time out in the middle. Get himself into form. lol

Looks like Vettori's going for that hundred. Patel's playing a little cameo too.

And he got it. Declare now.

Last edited:

Ari

International Cricketer
Patel's batting is coming along nicely he got himself a century with Warwickshire this season.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
no idea, but Martin's survived 6 balls so far

irottev

School Cricketer
Why are we still batting?

Chris Martin needs some time in the middle. I mean what is more important, our bowlers to have another good bowl and us trying to win the warm-up or Chris Martin trying to block every ball?

Chris Martin highest score 25..... When did that happen? lol. That's half a half century. edit: He has played 137 games I guess you're bound to edge a 20 at some stage.

And he's out. Well done wasting 2 overs.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Chris Martin needs some time in the middle. I mean what is more important, our bowlers to have another good bowl and us trying to win the warm-up or Chris Martin trying to block every ball?

Yeah getting Marto some form with the bat's pretty important :laugh

In all seriousness we should of declared as soon as Vettori brang up his 100

Howsie added 5 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Chris Martin highest score 25..... When did that happen? lol. That's half a half century. edit: He has played 137 games I guess you're bound to edge a 20 at some stage.

And he's out. Well done wasting 2 overs.

Martin's famous 25:

Cricket Archive

He faced 94 balls.

Users who are viewing this thread