Indian Tour of Sri Lanka & Triangular Series, July-August 2010

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Uthappa is likely to make the squad. Though a lot depends upon his performances in the Aus and SAF series.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uthappa is likely to make the squad. Though a lot depends upon his performances in the Aus and SAF series.

Yeah! Last time he played in World cup (2007),his performance was disgusting.

Sinus

School Cricketer
Well Uttappa election mainly depends on His CL performance....:spy

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well Uttappa election mainly depends on His CL performance....:spy

Yeah! I guess that it would matter a lot but then again CL is T20 and not 50-overs. Both have a lot of difference.:(

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I wouldn't bring in Uthappa (what is the correct spelling?) seeing his performance in CL no matter how well he plays.

sholing

School Cricketer
INDIA definitely take a range against srilanka,they will show some lesson to them...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Uthappa will come back, I guess. The boy has learnt his lessons. Just read the article about him on Cricinfo published recently. Swayed by the success and adulation that he got after the World T20 win in 2007. Seems like he has recovered from it and is getting on the right track. I would have him as the backup keeper for Dhoni (if injured) in T20's and ODI's. Uthappa can open the innings too when needed. The aggression that he brings in will be infectious to the team. Drop the likes of Rohit Sharma and Dinesh Karthik and have Uthappa.

Sehwag, Gambhir, Sachin, Raina, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Uthappa, Kohli, Irfan, Harbhajan, Ojha, Ashwin, Zaheer, Praveen, Ishant, Nehra

Sounds good, aint it?

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Uthappa will come back, I guess. The boy has learnt his lessons. Just read the article about him on Cricinfo published recently. Swayed by the success and adulation that he got after the World T20 win in 2007. Seems like he has recovered from it and is getting on the right track. I would have him as the backup keeper for Dhoni (if injured) in T20's and ODI's. Uthappa can open the innings too when needed. The aggression that he brings in will be infectious to the team. Drop the likes of Rohit Sharma and Dinesh Karthik and have Uthappa.

Sehwag, Gambhir, Sachin, Raina, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Uthappa, Kohli, Irfan, Harbhajan, Ojha, Ashwin, Zaheer, Praveen, Ishant, Nehra

Sounds good, aint it?
Perfect squad IMO. Although Uthappa should be used down at 6/7 as a finisher. We already have 3 openers in Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir so don't need more.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Perfect except you've got 16 players not 15...:p

Yeah, one player can be cut out. Since its going to be held in India, if someone gets injured, we can immediately fly in the replacement. So put it at 16. Maybe Ishant will be the 16th player.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Perfect squad IMO. Although Uthappa should be used down at 6/7 as a finisher. We already have 3 openers in Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir so don't need more.

I would use Uthappa as a floater. Not to open, but other than that, he can bat from 3-7.

rocky_g

International Cricketer

Sounds good, aint it?

Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Yuvi
Raina
Dhoni
Irfan
Bhajji
Praveen
Zaheer
Ashwin/Nehra (depending on the conditions)

Having Irfan at 7 gives flexibility to indian team. But dumb selectors won't understand it. :doh Plus Bhajji, Praveen and Zak all can bat. Very strong batting line up. With Yuvi and Sehwag as part time spinners.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Suresh Raina
MS Dhoni
Robin Uthappa
Irfan Pathan
Praveen Kumar
Harbhajan Singh