No Jadeja
Good Seam Bowling(Better Then Before)

Negative

Still Rohit Sharma In The Team

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bye bye Sri Lanka. From now on, no matches with you for quite sometime now. I seriously pray that we do not meet you in the World Cup. You guys must also feel the same about us.

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
There was only ever going to be 1 team who was going to win that game. And that was he team who won the toss and batted. India played brilliantly to reach 200 in my opinion. They should be proud. It's just nigh in impossible to win batting second there which is really bad for cricket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Too many one sided games in this series, and also highly fluctuating performances from the teams (one day you win by a crushing margin, and the other day you lose by a crushing margin). Depends on which side of the conditions you are facing, which is not good for cricket. A highly forgettable series for all teams (more so for India). We should not panic for the WC based on this, because 4 of our best ODI players (Sachin, Zaheer, Harbhajan and Gambhir) didnt play this series. We got some positives where Praveen Kumar is proving to be an able new ball bowler, Sehwag is on the path to prove his dominance in the ODI arena too and finally (MAYBE!) we might have been done with Jadeja.

Last edited:

Params7

International Cricketer
There was only ever going to be 1 team who was going to win that game. And that was he team who won the toss and batted. India played brilliantly to reach 200 in my opinion. They should be proud. It's just nigh in impossible to win batting second there which is really bad for cricket.

Sri Lanka is so damned lucky to always bat first there though. Until they lose there the board won't take steps to improve the lights, which is a disgrace.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Actually, I think even the players are not bothered about the result any more nowadays. We play our neighbors so often that it even the players get bored.
'Oh,we lost the match. Oh hell, it was against SRL only. We can get back at them any tiem later in the next 15 days or so'

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We should be celebrating now that we have seen the last of India-SL series for some time now. Although we lost and our youngsters did not do well, I don`t think we should be too panic stricken now. Its just the nature of this venue. I woudl`nt have celebrated had we won and I don`t feel too sad that we lost.

We`ve had the upper hand against Lanka since 2006.
ODI Series in India, 2006 : India won 6-1
ODIs Series in India : India won 2-1
CB Series, 2008 : India beat Lanka twice and made it to the finals, eventually winning it.
India in SL 2008, : India won 3-2
India in SL 2009 : India won 4-1
Tri-Series in SL : India beat SL in the final
SL in India 2009: India won 4-1
Asia Cup 2010: India won the final beating SL.

Its only the game yesterday and one Asia Cup final in 2008 that we`ve lost against them. I don`t think anybody has dominated them as much, both home and away. Law of averages had to catch up. I still don`t think we`d have lost with Zak,Sachin,Gambhir and Bhajji in the lineup.

From now on, I want the selectors to play a steady combination till the World Cup. Most of the World Cup slots are decided except for a couple. Kohli seems to look the best and the most steady of the lot of young batsmen. The Jadeja experiment should be terminated. I think just a couple of spots and we would have a decent side to pose a challenge in the World Cup.

Bowling should be decent to pose a fight if we go with Zaheer,Ishant, Praveen,Nehra,Munaf,Ojha,Harbhajan.

My squad would be:
Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Raina
Kohli/Dravid
Dhoni
Uthappa/Karthik
Harbhajan
Ojha
Zaheer
Ishant
Nehra
Praveen
Munaf

I think this should be a good squad to pose a major challenge in home conditions.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think they should bring back Uthappa and give Ajinkya Rahane a chance. He has been fantastic in the domestic competitions.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think they should bring back Uthappa and give Ajinkya Rahane a chance. He has been fantastic in the domestic competitions.

Not the time to be experimenting now. With just 10 games to go before the World Cup, no way you could pick a player based on those few little games. You`d rather go with someone like Uthappa who can be really effective in the subcontinent and has had a taste of international cricket before.

Guys like Rahane, Pandey, Pujara and Co. all have talent but there are very few games left before the world cup that they cannot be picked for that now. I think we already ahve most of our squad for the world cup penned down unless we have injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread