New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka, 2009

This isn't part of this tour but I thought I'd post it anyway.

New Zealand Cricket - McCullum takes five in first workout for New Zealand A

A five-wicket haul from offspinner Nathan McCullum was the highlight of the first day of New Zealand A’s opening tour game in India.

In a two-day warm-up match against a Tamil Nadu Cricket Association XI at Chepauk, Chennai, the home side won the toss and batted first, dominating the morning session on a flat track in hot conditions.

The second session was NZ A’s – taking five wickets in the hour after lunch. The TNCA side was dismissed in the final session, but only after some short bowling from the New Zealanders had allowed them to post a total of 293.

McCullum took 5 for 85 from 22 overs, and was well supported by Kane Williamson who finished with 3 for 42

That was yesterday and we batted today, I have no idea how we went though.

McIntosh out LBW again. I don't know how much longer we can afford to keep him. We shoulda played Cumming over Taylor or someone who's guarenteed a spot. O'Blog's not playing which is confusing and concerning. (Unless the scorecard is mucked up)

Last edited:
On radio sport they were saying O'Brien was in for Tuffey which was the only change. McIntosh should have never been given a test cap to begin with.

On radio sport they were saying O'Brien was in for Tuffey which was the only change. McIntosh should have never been given a test cap to begin with.

To be fair he plays well in domestic. Sadly it's a huge step up and his technique just isn't good enough.

McIntosh fails again, what a surprise :sarcasm

Good innings so far from Guptill, and Ryder's going along nicely too. O'Brien isn't playing is he?

According to the scorecard he isn't which is weird. They might be wrong.

Now cricinfo's saying it's Ross Taylor and not Ryder batting with Guptill?

Hopefully Guptill can go on and make a century here, it would give him a lot of confindence for the tests.

Okay O'Brien's playing, so is Cumming but he's already out for two :(

No Ryder either.

Last edited:
Do you rate the leggie Prasanna?

He has a pretty good FC average.

well he is the spin patner of mendis when they play for Army. and guy can spin it for sure.. he's average has gone down abit. last year it was like 14 +

Users who are viewing this thread