New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka, 2009

Sky aren't showing the toss. It's BS. That feed wasn't even live, it's from 5 minutes ago. They're showing 20/20 flashbacks and then in half an hour we'll go right to the start.

This is a crucial toss probably. Pitch looks tacky. The problem with bowling first is that Murili and Mendis gets to bowl last.

Last edited:
Sky aren't showing the toss. It's BS. That feed wasn't even live, it's from 5 minutes ago. They're showing 20/20 flashbacks and then in half an hour we'll go right to the start.

This is a crucial toss probably. Pitch looks tacky. The problem with bowling first is that Murili and whichever other spinner they pick gets to bowl last.

It's a win either way then. Or maybe it's a lose?

We chose to bat, WTF?

Howsie added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

No field it is, dam Cricinfo.

i think its the best news so far for NZ, they must take wickets with the new ball. if now the match is over for them as far as i can see. they need to get lankas out for 210 - 230 and bat when the pitch is still playble....

This could be our best chance of winning tbh. Hopefully we can get them for 200-300, tough ask though. No Tuffey, Martin better bowl well. He has to try and at least look to attack, too often he bowls to wide when the conditions suit.

Mendis is playing :(

Probably best to bowl first need to strike early though.

TBH I don't like the Patal selection. The seamers are going to dominate this test (Going on the Pak-Sri series anyway).

bad news for NZ mates' mendis is playing and with murali. for me its bit too much to ask for from NZ yong batters

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

TBH I don't like the Patal selection. The seamers are going to dominate this test (Going on the Pak-Sri series anyway).

no mate, you need the spinner trust me

bad news for NZ mates' mendis is playing and with murali. for me its bit too much to ask for from NZ yong batters

Just have to wait and see I guess. Your probably right though.

Howsie added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

no mate, you need the spinner trust me

Vettori?

I just don't trust Oram tbh, I'd much rather Ryder bowl.

SL woulda batted. I'd rather we'd have batted too. Vettori always seems to want to field first. Every series this happens. Vettori should have wanted to bowl 4th innings with him and Patel. Oh well. We'll see how it goes.

You don't select a team for 1 day. It's a 5 day game. Patel was also very good in the warm-ups. The selection is spot on as far as i'm concerned.

for me its bit too much to ask for from NZ yong batters

Keep telling yourself that. It's obvious SL have the advantage there, you don't need to keep harping on about it. If the game was over already they wouldn't bother playing it. Plus we play best as the under-dogs. Mendis honestly isn't that great - he'll do well against us, at least for a few innings but Murili is a much bigger threat consistently.

Last edited:
SL woulda batted. I'd rather we'd have batted too. Vettori always seems to want to field first. Every series this happens. Vettori should have wanted to bowl 4th innings with him and Patel. Oh well. We'll see how it goes.

It did'nt happen when India toured here in March, we batted first and we were soemthing like 60-6. I'm happy NZ's bowling.

one thing for sure is, if NZ fail to get atlest 6-7 wickets today; it will be a match between Sri Lanka Vs rain ;)

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

we are set to go guys and i am watching the match on my new TV phone.

You don't select a team for 1 day. It's a 5 day game. Patel was also very good in the warm-ups. The selection is spot on as far as i'm concerned.

The test between Sri Lanka and Pakistan had movement all game for the seamers, and if it's ment to be cloudy all week having an extra seamer would have been perfect.

We'll just have to wait and see, but yes Patel has been bowling well.

some swin first ball, good start

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

out good ball

Good on ya Marto.

Fair call bowling. It is moving around. Dunno why SL wanted to bat though. :/ Home conditions, I figured they should know them well.

Users who are viewing this thread