Next Aussie test opener?

Next Aussie test opener

• Total voters
Jaques easily. I will be disappointed if he does not get his deserved go at the top.

Next in line should be Rogers followed by Hughes.

Rogers will retire before or at the same time that Jaques does, and Katich has 5 years still in him so Hughes is next.

There is no way Marsh will get the spot, he's not even close. Not surprised the people that voted for him are IPL fans :rolleyes:

Rogers will retire before or at the same time that Jaques does, and Katich has 5 years still in him so Hughes is next.

There is no way Marsh will get the spot, he's not even close. Not surprised the people that voted for him are IPL fans :rolleyes:

Fair call. However there is a probability that Jaques might have an injury/loss of form to make him sit out. Then it should be Rogers who should replace him and not Hughes. Who knows, Rogers might just do a Katich again.

The 4 people that picked Shaun Marsh really need to explain themselves, he wouldn't be anywhere near the position for me. I'd take Klinger and Hodge ahead of him tbh.

It's going to be Jaques, with Hughes next in line.

On current form I would take Klinger over Marsh. If you asked me last year then no way. Hodge deserves a spot, he's a great player but he's not a traditional opener and there's no room unless we give him the all-rounder spot.

Jaques for me. If he isn't fit for the tour, then Michael Hussey to the top and bring in his brother David at 5.

Well I would prefer Marsh. He is easily going to be my favourite player now Hayden has retired.
But realistically Jacques will get it. My realistic hope though would be Hughes.
geez these NSW players are taking over lol. Jacques Katich Hughes, Warner, Clarke, Haddin. geez if they were all fit the whole team would be from NSW.

JAQUES
KATICH
ponting
hussey
CLARKE
mcDonald/hussey/hodge/symonds
HADDIN
johnson
HAURITZ
siddle
CLARK

6 of the 11 players will be Blues if that's the line-up for the next Test :D

Well I have Hauritz for spin, so that won't make a difference and I'm not sure Brett Lee will be playing any time soon because our pace bowlers have been doing alright, and Brett wasn't doing to good before he was injured.

JAQUES
KATICH
ponting
hussey
CLARKE
mcDonald/hussey/hodge/symonds
HADDIN
johnson
HAURITZ
siddle
CLARK

6 of the 11 players will be Blues if that's the line-up for the next Test :D
No wonder they are losing series after series these days. :D

/West Australian

The one tasmanian is better than all the others. That says something. Alright not really something big.... but it says something.

He's the best batsmen in the world, but all the combined NSW players beat Ponting by a mile.

Feelin Blue? added 2 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

The people that voted Marsh are still yet to explain themselves properly. He's terrible. Why on earth would you want him for 2 of the biggest tours Australia will have for a while? South Africa away and England away are 2 are 2 tough combination's and we need someone that has proved themselves at domestic level consistently for a few years (Jaques) and has performed before (Jaques)

Users who are viewing this thread