Next England Captain

the next England captain

• Total voters
Strauss is the only real candidate. Cook's still too young, with no experience as well we'd have the same problem as we did with Pietersen that we'd need someone with experience around for him to learn off.

Strauss is the only real candidate. Cook's still too young, with no experience as well we'd have the same problem as we did with Pietersen that we'd need someone with experience around for him to learn off.

I would make Cook as the vice-captain though. He's the only one apart from Strauss who has either confirmed of his place. Flintoff can't be trusted after the Ashes and the World Cup and he doesn't want the captaincy anyway. Collingwood is an unreliable choice since his place is not always secure plus he resigned the ODI captaincy last year.

Owais Shah. He should be playing in both formats but for some reason isn't, this could be a chance to get him in. Has been around awhile and would probably do a better job than most in the current side.

I would go for Strauss if he played ODI's, but I am not a fan of split captaincy.

It has to be Strauss really, Flintoff has already proved he can't captain, Collingwood recently stepped down as ODI captain so there's no chance he'll take up test captaincy (and he's a hack). Bell is just a hack, and Cook is perhaps a decent candidate but he's too young and hasn't found enough consistent form with the bat yet to warrant a burden like captaincy.

IMO Strauss will become the next England captain in tests. And Flintoff in ODI'S.

As scary as the thought is it could be Bell which would mean I'd loose all hope in the selectors.

They may ask Pietersen to reconsider but I doubt it so has to be Strauss really and back to a split captaincy.

England will pick Strauss. I'd get someone from the domestic circuit, either bring back Vaughan or someone like Adams or Key...

Adams? =/ You know he's retired right? and Vaughan? I'd rather see Bell as captain than see Vaughan back. Key wouldn't be a bad thing, and the chances of him coming into the side are high if they get Graham Ford from Kent. Straussy deserves it most though.

Users who are viewing this thread