Nike is Indian Team`s new Kit Sponsor !

dont you think the colour will somewhat "clash" with the kit of new zealand?
It looks almost the same colour, and the style is not too different also.

I'm just happy to see Nike getting involved in cricket now!! Excellent! Hopefully, Cricket will become more popular than soccer someday :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The old kit was way better.

Light Blue looks a refreshing colour to me.

This looks ugly, but we cant do anything about it!

Abhas said:
dont you think the colour will somewhat "clash" with the kit of new zealand?
It looks almost the same colour, and the style is not too different also.

I think the new India kit will be a very dark blue colour. Very much certain that it won't be black so it wont clash with NZ's jersey.

Lucky said:
I'm just happy to see Nike getting involved in cricket now!! Excellent! Hopefully, Cricket will become more popular than soccer someday :rolleyes:
No time soon, as more than 80% of the planet population are not even aware of the existence of the sport. But with Adidas and Nike sponsoring Australia and India respectively, it does show an improvement in this regard.

If I am not wrong Admiral is the official kit maker for South Africa, West Indies, and England.

Admiral doesnt sponsor Sth Africa anymore. It is hummel which is quite a well known clothing brand and is also a supplier of several football clubs in Europe such as Aston Villa. So major clothing companies are starting to invest in cricket which is a good sign.

kodos said:
Admiral doesnt sponsor Sth Africa anymore. It is hummel which is quite a well known clothing brand and is also a supplier of several football clubs in Europe such as Aston Villa. So major clothing companies are starting to invest in cricket which is a good sign.
Yeah just checked that out and it is Hummel who by the way also sponsor the Danish Football team.

aditya123 said:
According to me the best Indian kit was the one used during the 2000 Carlton and Utd series.

Agreed.The one in Sharjah 1998 was also nice.The worst was the Wills one during 2000.The new one reminds me of the 1992 World Cup where we performed horribly.
Also the new one looks more like a practice kit.

Nike logo on the Indian team kit? I have to admit I am a bit jealous. Now I have to go burn all of my nike t-shirts. Joking, joking.....

m_vaughan said:
No time soon, as more than 80% of the planet population are not even aware of the existence of the sport.
That sounds a bit exagerated.

Umm, that kit is one of the uglier things I've seen in my life. It looks like total sell-out material. Just imagine Nike bosses rubbing their hands of all the money they can make out of a bad-looking t-shirt.

sohummisra said:
Umm, that kit is one of the uglier things I've seen in my life. It looks like total sell-out material. Just imagine Nike bosses rubbing their hands of all the money they can make out of a bad-looking t-shirt.
I agree !
The kit does not look Indian . The colour feels very foreign ! I think that they gave it a very dark blue colour only because they wanted the Nike logo to be visible !

I liked the painted indian tri-color on the previous kit. That was my favorite indian kit of all, and it brought them good fortune (im superstitious!). i thought some yellow could have been used in this kit. I personally hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread