Nike is Indian Team`s new Kit Sponsor !

Thats great news if this new kit is just the practice one!!!

The current kit looks so refreshing, just like the sky!

ohh then, sorry wrong information.

So those of you saying that the dark blue kit is a practice one, do you seriously think that the BCCI would have a big press launch for a practice kit?

andrew_nixon said:
So those of you saying that the dark blue kit is a practice one, do you seriously think that the BCCI would have a big press launch for a practice kit?

Yeah thats the thing I was wondering about too, they could have presented this Indian kit they are using against Pakistan, if that dark blue one was just a practice kit.

andrew_nixon said:

No team uses their ODI kit for practice sessions, do they?

I have never heard of a home and away kit for India! It wasnt said that it would be a ODI kit when the press launch was done? And may be after the press launch was done, many would not have been impressed by the kit and would have complained to the BCCI making them to reverse their decision regarding the kit!

Anyways, the ODI series against England will quell our doubts on whether that kit is a home ODI kit or not!

May i ask the Indian users what 'SAHARA' actually is or does?

ive always wondered...

genghis_khan said:
May i ask the Indian users what 'SAHARA' actually is or does?

ive always wondered...
SAHARA is a group of companies in varied fields owned by Subrato Roy Sahara .
The have a private Airline company in India called SAHARA Airlines .
They have a computer brand called SAHARA Computers who actually are the sponsors of the South African cricket team.
Many stadiums in SA are named after SAHARA (The SAHARA Kingsmead stadium bing one of them )

Also, they have a big residential colony named AMBY VALLEY whyich is said to have world class homes and breathtakingly great surrounings .

Also they own many Television news and entertainment channels in India and also have a movie production company of theirs.

andrew_nixon said:
Yes, this is the money-hungry BCCI, don't forget. I'm sure the practice kits, if that's what they are, will be marketed and available for purchase for the Indian cricket fans with high disposible incomes.

Also, was the press release for the actual kits or for the announcement of Nike sponsorship?

Sahara, I think started off as a news channel and then into an Airlines and now it has just expanded all over the place. Amby Valley is an amazing colony of (what they claim to be) seven-star accomodation and whatnot. They are said to be making losses, though, and one wonders where Subrata Roy gets all his money from.

I don't think the Dark-blue kits which were shown in the press release are practice ones. The one's which i have seen via gettyimages are light blue and look like football practice kits. My opinion is that the dark-blue kit is the home jersey.

aditya123 said:

They used to .
Its now taken over by Jet Airways .However the sponsorship remains with Sahara. ;)

aditya123 said:
They have a computer brand called SAHARA Computers who actually are the sponsors of the South African cricket team.
Many stadiums in SA are named after SAHARA (The SAHARA Kingsmead stadium bing one of them )

Also, they have a big residential colony named AMBY VALLEY whyich is said to have world class homes and breathtakingly great surrounings .

Also they own many Television news and entertainment channels in India and also have a movie production company of theirs.

cheers mate

sohummisra said:
Yes, this is the money-hungry BCCI, don't forget. I'm sure the practice kits, if that's what they are, will be marketed and available for purchase for the Indian cricket fans with high disposible incomes.

Also, was the press release for the actual kits or for the announcement of Nike sponsorship?

Sahara, I think started off as a news channel and then into an Airlines and now it has just expanded all over the place. Amby Valley is an amazing colony of (what they claim to be) seven-star accomodation and whatnot. They are said to be making losses, though, and one wonders where Subrata Roy gets all his money from.

I think what u're saying might be right! It might have been the press release for the Nike sponsorship!

aditya123 said:

Great explanation! Lot of info there to know!

Users who are viewing this thread