Nrl 2009

I wouldn't complain with that backline but a bit too much changes to make mid Origin especially taking out the captain. From what I'm reading there will be minimal changes mainly in the forwards. TLL is a bolter, I really hope he is picked as none of the forwards run as hard as him.

I wouldn't complain with that backline but a bit too much changes to make mid Origin especially taking out the captain. From what I'm reading there will be minimal changes mainly in the forwards. TLL is a bolter, I really hope he is picked as none of the forwards run as hard as him.

I wanted Learoyd-Lahrs in the team too, he is playing a heck of a lot better this season. I was watching the Raiders game on Monday night and they were saying the longest streak of games he has played in the NRL is seven. :eek:

Tbh Gidley doesn't deserve to be there, he could be on the bench but Wing played pretty well so he doesn't deserved to be droped. What do you think the chances are that they would actually pick Idris, I know he is only young but he is a dead set freak.

Tigers were beaten again tonight, Penrith wasn't that great though. It's a shame the Tigers are so poor at the moment, always enjoy watching them play.

And in the other game, the Storm are winning 20-0 against the Broncos, who are without Lockyer.

Storm absoloutely caned Brisbane!! Hoping we (Stgeorge) can get a win over the Titans and we will stay on top but a loss gives the doggies a chance to catch up.

TLL had his injury woes finished last season but then he ended up getting a long suspension which killed any chance of him having a long streak of games.

Can't believe the Storm killed the Broncos, although if I knew Locky was out I would have put a bigger tipping margin. Don't know about the Dragons v Titans game, Titans are tough to beat at home but those Dragons have the wood over them and the Titans don't have their attack flowing yet.

I tipped the storm because at home there just too strong and I'm not too convinced on Brisbane away this year. I tipped the Tigers again, but they let me down again. Other games:
Manly
Cowboys
Warriors
Newcastle
Stgeorge

I was going to tip the Tigers but I read some of the expert opinions and decided the Panthers. Also helps that I have players from the Panthers in my NearlyNRL side including Sammit who was meant to be my goal kicker.

I've pretty much followed your tips but have the Sharks over the Warriors. Again no idea what will happen there, Warriors suck in Aus and the Sharks just suck. But the Sharks youngsters might have got them back on the up and they are at home.

I wanted Learoyd-Lahrs in the team too, he is playing a heck of a lot better this season. I was watching the Raiders game on Monday night and they were saying the longest streak of games he has played in the NRL is seven. :eek:

Tbh Gidley doesn't deserve to be there, he could be on the bench but Wing played pretty well so he doesn't deserved to be droped. What do you think the chances are that they would actually pick Idris, I know he is only young but he is a dead set freak.

I don't know, TLL probably needs to get a few more games under his belt but I would probably rather have him over O'Donnell, I don't feel he ran hard enough. Creagh and Learoyd-Lahrs would be deadly... Is Learoyd Lahrs from NSW?

Gidley deserved to be there and he showed it by being one of the best players for NSW. He was inspirational and really led from the front.

Feelin Blue? added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I was going to tip the Tigers but I read some of the expert opinions and decided the Panthers. Also helps that I have players from the Panthers in my NearlyNRL side including Sammit who was meant to be my goal kicker.

I've pretty much followed your tips but have the Sharks over the Warriors. Again no idea what will happen there, Warriors suck in Aus and the Sharks just suck. But the Sharks youngsters might have got them back on the up and they are at home.

I can't see Cronulla winning at all this year, they've only done it twice and it's impossible to pick them. If Parra had Hayne last week I doubt Cronulla would have won.

I don't know, TLL probably needs to get a few more games under his belt but I would probably rather have him over O'Donnell, I don't feel he ran hard enough. Creagh and Learoyd-Lahrs would be deadly... Is Learoyd Lahrs from NSW?

Gidley deserved to be there and he showed it by being one of the best players for NSW. He was inspirational and really led from the front.

Feelin Blue? added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I can't see Cronulla winning at all this year, they've only done it twice and it's impossible to pick them. If Parra had Hayne last week I doubt Cronulla would have won.

Yeah Learoyd Larhs is eligible for NSW, I read about it a few back weeks I think. I would say there is a pretty good chance he will get picked for game two.

Yep TLL is available for NSW. If Thurling got his act together he could be in with a shot next season. He started the season on fire but dipped off.

And told ya Matt, Warriors suck in Aus and the Sharks with the new guys are starting to look like a football side again.

Yep TLL is available for NSW. If Thurling got his act together he could be in with a shot next season. He started the season on fire but dipped off.

And told ya Matt, Warriors suck in Aus and the Sharks with the new guys are starting to look like a football side again.

Yep, you were right. But I just don't see myself tipping Cronulla this year!! I can't trust them. (That said, I haven't tipped Sharks for 3 years but that is a different story....)

Same with you Matt. I can't trust the Sharks ... yet.

Great win yesterday. I should of known that we wouldn't continue on a post a big win. It was a typical Sharks game but we got the two points and I'm extremely happy that we're off the bottom of the ladder!

Did anyone hear Scott Porter being interviewed after the game? Fox stopped the interview because of his colourful language. That would be the last thing the Sharks need after turning the corner on the field.

Yep, you were right. But I just don't see myself tipping Cronulla this year!! I can't trust them. (That said, I haven't tipped Sharks for 3 years but that is a different story....)

Lol, yea they will be tough to tip now as you never know what they will do. This game was easier cause of the Warriors. But wouldn't want to tip a Sharks v Tigers or Sharks v Souths game.

Won't have a problem this week however, simple choice :)

How many more players will pick up swine flu. I heard on the news yesterday that some of the Broncos players had picked it up, which is good for us this week. :D

Lol, yea they will be tough to tip now as you never know what they will do. This game was easier cause of the Warriors. But wouldn't want to tip a Sharks v Tigers or Sharks v Souths game.

Won't have a problem this week however, simple choice :)

I'll be tipping Canberra too haha.

How many more players will pick up swine flu. I heard on the news yesterday that some of the Broncos players had picked it up, which is good for us this week. :D

It's starting to get pretty worrying for football. If it gets bad, and upto 20 players get effected do you think they will stop the comp for a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread