Nrl 2009

About time the Sharks won another game, it was only 9 weeks in the waiting. I was so happy after the game. Seeing Barrett knock over that field goal and how the players celebrated with the CSSC after the game was great. It was like we had won the premiership.

2 wins in a row plus the bye. I hope the Sharks win was a one off, we don't need them hitting some form when we take on them again.

State of Origin tonight! Woo hoo! The only NRL game, AFL or Union fans really enjoy. :p

Carn the Blues!:happy

This is probably the most keen I have been for SOO game in ages. Seeing Campo, Jennings, Farah, Lyon all in the same team is really exciting.

This is probably the most keen I have been for SOO game in ages. Seeing Campo, Jennings, Farah, Lyon all in the same team is really exciting.

I'm looking forward to watching Farah in SOO too, he has had to wait so long for his opportunity. Hopefully Campo does well too, for so long I've been able to give my Dad ████ about Canberra not having any rep players playing for NSW. Well Joel played last season but that was in the last game, I'm actually surprised he isn't playing tonight. I still want QLD to win though, and hopefully Jennings and Lyon have bad games. I want to see Jamal Idris in a sky blue jumper this season. :p

It sucks though because we don't have sky in our flat, so I will have to watch it on Prime :crying

Ads.......

State of Origin tonight! Woo hoo! The only NRL game, AFL or Union fans really enjoy. :p

Carn the Blues!:happy

Good man! Blues is the way to go.

Should be a good match, can't wait to see Benny Creagh school Dallas Johnson and to see Weyman smash the crap outta Price and Petro.

Really hoping that theres a brawl early tonight but the refs don't take any stupid action like sending anyone off because if theres a brawl in the opening couple of minutes it will really set the tempo and aggression for the whole series.

I'm looking forward to watching Farah in SOO too, he has had to wait so long for his opportunity. Hopefully Campo does well too, for so long I've been able to give my Dad ████ about Canberra not having any rep players playing for NSW. Well Joel played last season but that was in the last game, I'm actually surprised he isn't playing tonight. I still want QLD to win though, and hopefully Jennings and Lyon have bad games. I want to see Jamal Idris in a sky blue jumper this season. :p

It sucks though because we don't have sky in our flat, so I will have to watch it on Prime :crying

Ads.......

Good man! Blues is the way to go.

Should be a good match, can't wait to see Benny Creagh school Dallas Johnson and to see Weyman smash the crap outta Price and Petro.

Really hoping that theres a brawl early tonight but the refs don't take any stupid action like sending anyone off because if theres a brawl in the opening couple of minutes it will really set the tempo and aggression for the whole series.
Huh? Who do you really want to win?

Yeah, isn't all we watch Rugby for is the brawls? Well thats all us AFL fans watch it for. ;)

Queensland should win but I wouldn't count out the Blues yet. The game has been fairly hyped up, particuarly how inexperienced NSW are and how good the QLD side is. Campese, Jennings, Farah, Creagh and Weyman are the players I'm looking foward to seeing play. Weyman has been a massive bolter and so has MacManus.

I probably won't get an answer but to our Victorian members, has the game been getting much hype and publicity down there?

No none at all. If you asked average joe what major sporting event is on tonight they seriously wouldn't know.

I went to Uni today and said im watching the state of origin tonight. Some didn't have a clue what i was talking about, and some thought the AFL were doing Victoria vs the dream team again.

Don't understand why they bother playing it down here. No one cares (and im not trying to put the sport down, but literally no one cares) It doesnt even rank highly in the sport segment in the news. Funniest thing i heard was when i was driving home and was listening to the radio, they did the traffic report "people travelling home via the docklands better stay clear as some rugby game is being played" LOL

What could have been if Hayne's first try was allowed. Instead Queensland hit back and never let go of the lead from that point. Apart from some dodgy calls against us, Queensland looked better on attack and defence especially attack where they always looked like scoring.

That was a better last half last night, especially when the Blues had the momentum and scored a few tries late - it got pretty close. But then them damn Maroons do what they do best....Score another. Ah well, theres always Game 2. ;)

How disappointed would the NSW full back (?) be? I think his name was Gidlen or something? What a crucial stuff up down back!

Gidley, yea he made 2 crucial stuff ups in the last 10. Dropping the pass when he was in a gap and putting his foot on the line. If Josh Morris continues his good form it might be worth putting him at centre with Hayne at fullback.

Gidley played great though, probably our best player apart from Hayne and Creagh. Those 2 mistakes were unlucky and he didn't deserve it at all. I really feel for him.

I thought Creagh and Laffranchi were impressive but I wasn't totally sure on O'Donnells performce. He could have stopped the Thurtson try (where he got onto the Folau kick) but he was just walking even though he was only 5 metres away.

Gidley, yea he made 2 crucial stuff ups in the last 10. Dropping the pass when he was in a gap and putting his foot on the line. If Josh Morris continues his good form it might be worth putting him at centre with Hayne at fullback.

Josh Morris just came back from injury so he is a long shot, but he was playing really well before he got injured. And Hayne played on the wing, Morris is a much better centre then winger. Unless you want to put Lyon or Jennings on the wing. NSW should bring in Idris, get him on the wing to stop Falou.

I thought Peter Wallace was rubbish too, he went missing badly and threw a lot of hospital passes. If Mullen keeps his form up he should play in game two. My backline for game two:

1.Hayne
2.B.Morris
3.Jennings
4.Lyon
5.Idris
6.Campese
7.Mullen

Users who are viewing this thread