Nrl 2009

I'll be tipping Canberra too haha.

It's starting to get pretty worrying for football. If it gets bad, and upto 20 players get effected do you think they will stop the comp for a bit?

I wouldn't think so tbh I can't see it getting to out of control, but if it did get that bad then I guess it could happen. But could you actually see David Gallop do something smart?

Ben Hannant has been isolated from the rest of the team this week, but I thought Swine flu stayed in your system for up too 10 days, and he is playing this week.

Never thought the swine flu would hit sports players, seems to be quite the scare going on in the NRL atm.

Yup, and I'm going to the Melbourne Storm vs South Sydney game this weekend in Perth... :eek:

How well did the Bulldogs play tonight, it was the best I've seen them play this year. Ben Roberts had a fantastic game too, he took Lockyer to the cleaners. We should of put 50 on though.

The Dogs are the form team, hard to find a weakness in the side really.
Gutted about our loss, should have put the Sharks away when we had 10 point leads twice but we let them back in and they finished the stronger. TLL was a beast again, that guy must be picked for Origin. Campo started like a house on fire but faded badly including a bad mistake with 5 minutes to go.

Hooper, what did you think of the game?

3 wins in a row! Almost all of the kicks yesterday went out on the full, caused a knock on or almost caused a knock on (Mannah saving Porter's bacon). When Stapleton made that break and missed the flick pass I thought we had lost but luckily enough Gallend crossed over for a rare double and gave us the two points which means we are off the bottom on points and not just for and against (like last week).

I know you'll say it was fine but I thought the penalty that gave Canberra the shot at goal to make it 22-20 was doubtful.

I liked the Dragons jersey for the 'Women in League' round, nice classy touch with all the controversy and such surrounding the NRL in recent weeks.

Hooper, what did you think of the game?

3 wins in a row! Almost all of the kicks yesterday went out on the full, caused a knock on or almost caused a knock on (Mannah saving Porter's bacon). When Stapleton made that break and missed the flick pass I thought we had lost but luckily enough Gallend crossed over for a rare double and gave us the two points which means we are off the bottom on points and not just for and against (like last week).

I know you'll say it was fine but I thought the penalty that gave Canberra the shot at goal to make it 22-20 was doubtful.
BLOODY COLD!

ABSOLUTELY FREEZING!

BALL FREEZING TEMPERATURE!

It was pretty cold, the game was actually pretty good too. :p

I was going for the Rabbitohs (don't really have a team, thought about the Souths, but then realized they are pretty much like the Dockers of the NRL and I don't want another team like that:p), and was suprised they scored the first try! The crowd went nuts for Simpson (?), most of the Perth fans that night were going for South Sydney by the way. Members Equity stadium probably isn't the best place to host NRL games simply because its not big enough, but it does show you the game well! I had a seat about 8 rows back near the try line and it was awesome seeing the first two Rabbitohs tries. At the end of the day, a League team over here would work imo.

BLOODY COLD!

ABSOLUTELY FREEZING!

BALL FREEZING TEMPERATURE!

It was pretty cold, the game was actually pretty good too. :p

I was going for the Rabbitohs (don't really have a team, thought about the Souths, but then realized they are pretty much like the Dockers of the NRL and I don't want another team like that:p), and was suprised they scored the first try! The crowd went nuts for Simpson (?), most of the Perth fans that night were going for South Sydney by the way. Members Equity stadium probably isn't the best place to host NRL games simply because its not big enough, but it does show you the game well! I had a seat about 8 rows back near the try line and it was awesome seeing the first two Rabbitohs tries. At the end of the day, a League team over here would work imo.

Good to hear that you had a good time apart from the cold. The only problem with a team in Perth is it's the complete opposite side of Australia and its quite a travel for the teams and fans.

God it breaks my heart to see Cronulla win, it really does.

Fremantle Dockers? West Coast Eagles? Western Force? They are all successful franchises (Financially;)), and they are on the opposite side of Australia...Wait a second, who says we are on the opposite side? You Eastern State lot are on the opposite side. Who cares about travel, grow some balls. :p

The AFL has a team or two in Adelaide right? and lots of Melbourne teams which go inland a bit. All of the NRL teams are on the east coast lol.

Haha your on the opposite side, deal with it! :D

The AFL has a team or two in Adelaide right? and lots of Melbourne teams which go inland a bit. All of the NRL teams are on the east coast lol.

Haha your on the opposite side, deal with it! :D

Yeah, the Port Adelaide Power and Adelaide Crows. They should get a league team in WA imo.

NSW selectors dropped Campese. :eek:

Can't see what Barret's going to do different, Mullen should of played instead of Wallace. TLL is in the squad too as a shadow player, can't believe he didn't make the 17. Josh Morris and Monoghan are the two other shadow players.

QLD to win by more this time round.

Barrett is experienced but Wallace is still there so not much improvement. It seems Farah and Jennings are doubtful so Ennis will get the nod with one of the two shadow players following.

Users who are viewing this thread