Nrl 2009

Less said about him the better.

Eels really are looking good, if they make the 8 the top 4 should definitely be scared. Obviously if Hayne goes so does the Eels. Knights are doing a Titans, great start to the season but falling away.

I didn't catch the game but I've heard they played fairly well. The Tigers had a win too so they're not out of it either. Should be a good last couple of weeks.

lol @ The Fox Sports commentating team towards the Broncos.

"There's more cracks in this Bronco's defence then the English batting line-up"

Sharks a 4-0 up. Horrid start by both teams. Broncos kick off, sharks let it bounce twice and caught in goal. Off the drop goal the Broncos drop the ball. Potentially, two of the worst performing teams so far.

Wow. Lets see how long the Daily telegraph can hold their promise of the back page being a scandal free zone! It's only been about a few days and I can see them putting this on the back page!

Hopefully the NRL punt him if this is true, can't see that they would though.

First it was Stewart that stuffed up and now Inglis, both key players in the NRL's 2009 marketing campaign :rtfl

No Hannant for a couple of weeks :(

Hopefully Hickey lifts his game.

Luckily he'll be back in time before the finals arrive. Hickey is gun atm, same with Yileen Gordon. It's been a great turnaround season for us. It looks like we've swapped seats with the Sharks. Last year we were the wooden spooners and they were premiership contenders. No we are in the running the for the title and they're struggling to stay on top the of the Roosters. A really sudden fall from grace from the shire.

Still amazed we would buy Steve Turner, never really liked him.

Luckily he'll be back in time before the finals arrive. Hickey is gun atm, same with Yileen Gordon. It's been a great turnaround season for us. It looks like we've swapped seats with the Sharks. Last year we were the wooden spooners and they were premiership contenders. No we are in the running the for the title and they're struggling to stay on top the of the Roosters. A really sudden fall from grace from the shire.

Still amazed we would buy Steve Turner, never really liked him.

I don't like the Turner signing either, he's such an average player. Plus I really wanted to see Nanai get a proper run with a decent team for once.

What's your thoughts on picking Ben Barba?

Do you think the Dogs need a spark of the bench, I'm so wishing Moore would just pick him.

Barba's great if you need some flare in the squad, if I were to pick someone to replace I'd probably pick Holdsworth (He's more chubbier this season, but his kicking game is better than Ben's). But Barba's inexperience may sometime be his downfall.

While on the topic of our rookies, have you seen our Bankstown Bulls squad. Far out, all ex-NRL players. You got Cutler, Crisp, Nanai, Hickey, Holdsworth, Barba, Briggs, Kite, Sullivan, Utai, Te Maari, Williams etc. all playing. Talk about a gun squad.

Last edited:
As much as I hate Holdsworth (and I really do) he's been fairly decent this season. If Roberts or Kimmorely were to go down injured I'd want him to play over Barba. But if I was selecting a player to come of the bench and give us a 15-20 min spark I'd take Barba, Holdsworth has been fairly quite when he's come of the bench.

Our reserve grade team is basically last years FG team :laugh

But it's good to have that depth.

We should play Barba on the bench against the Cowboys this season. Theirs news talking about Holdsworth shifting around the forwards/second-row. El Masri or Millard might shift to the fullback position with Patten likely to be withdrawn from the starting line-up.

We've also made some new signings. Micky Paea (Dragons - 2 years), Blake Green (Sharks - 1 year) and Junior Tia Kilifi (Panthers - Time Unknown). We also secured Goodwin till' 2011.

Apparently Inglis was saving his girlfriend from hurting herself. Just seems weird why she would lie about it first time round.

You Dogs certainly have recruited well again, Tia Kilifi would be better than Turner too.

We should play Barba on the bench against the Cowboys this season. Theirs news talking about Holdsworth shifting around the forwards/second-row. El Masri or Millard might shift to the fullback position with Patten likely to be withdrawn from the starting line-up.

We've also made some new signings. Micky Paea (Dragons - 2 years), Blake Green (Sharks - 1 year) and Junior Tia Kilifi (Panthers - Time Unknown). We also secured Goodwin till' 2011.

What a joke, how the heck is Barba not getting a run tonight but hacks like Holdsworth and Millard (Decent this season but!) are getting a go. Look at our team, one under 20 player in Jamal Idris. Moore must have no faith in our juniors if he think's Holdsworth is one of our best options.

You Dogs certainly have recruited well again, Tia Kilifi would be better than Turner too.

I haven't see too much of him tbh, please tell me he has pace.

Users who are viewing this thread