Nrl 2009

I haven't seen much either but I know in one match he made over 150m+ from the wing and I don't believe he had a massive break. Just one of those wingers that gets involved.

Turner has pace hes just average in the air but hes a finisher.

Yea always liked him, always gives it 100% and is a wrecking ball at times. Guess it means the Dragons will be doing their best to keep Weyman. I was reading on our forums that he said he wanted to come back to the Raiders after his stint with the Dragons but he could have just been saying that to keep us happy.

The Dogs are going crazy with the signings, now they have picked up Halatau. Hes a very handy addition, if he makes the bench he will give the Dogs a backup hooker if needed.

Talk about being dead set shat. We keep dropping the ball, and, can someone tell Idris not to come off his line to early, he's leaving El Masri to fend for himself!

EDIT: Wow, we signed Halatau as well. Awesome signings so far. But ...

Greenberg said the club's remarkable recruitment drive is not yet finished and revealed there will almost certainly be another forward joining with Greg Eastwood leaving to take up a contract with Leeds.

-- NRL.com

We're gonna' lose another one to Leeds. Which forwards are off contract this season?

EDIT #2: ... and the momentum now shifts our way. Great thinking.

Last edited:
Talk about being dead set shat. We keep dropping the ball, and, can someone tell Idris not to come off his line to early, he's leaving El Masri to fend for himself!

EDIT: Wow, we signed Halatau as well. Awesome signings so far. But ...

We're gonna' lose another one to Leeds. Which forwards are off contract this season?

EDIT #2: ... and the momentum now shifts our way. Great thinking.

Are you talking about the Cowboy's second try by any chance?

I don't think Idris did too much wrong, Hazem just chose a horrible option at the time.

Halatau, oh gawd. I've always hated him tbh. Does he even have a proper position these day's. Never rated him as a back-rower.

Gritty wins by the dogs and Titans tonight.

off to Canberra tomorrow with the Army!! can't wait and hopefully Dragons break their hoodoo.

Are you talking about the Cowboy's second try by any chance?

I don't think Idris did too much wrong, Hazem just chose a horrible option at the time.

He did it quite a few times actually, but nonetheless we leave with the 2 points.

Gritty wins by the dogs and Titans tonight.

off to Canberra tomorrow with the Army!! can't wait and hopefully Dragons break their hoodoo.

Lucky! I love the army! Been in the army for 4 games this year - Against Roosters at SFS, Tigers at SFS, Sharks at Shark park and Melbourne at Kogragh. I normally have season tickets in the grandstand for Kogragh but I went over to the army for that one and it was the best army I've been in tbh. I heard it's a fun time going down to Canberra with everyone. I'll be listening out for your singing!

Do you have a banner?

Good effort by the Dogs, especially after losing both starting front rowers so early in the game. The have that fighting mentality back which was missing last year.

What a game between the Raiders and Dragons, it had everything. A massive crowd, fighting, great defense, individual brillance (Croker) sin-bins. Best game of the season. Josh Miller what a beast, I really rate him. What about the Dragons though, Smith should get 3-4 weeks for that dirty high and not to mention late hit on Croker.

Very well played Raiders, the future looks bright.

Way to bottle it Dragons, and, your not even in the finals yet.

Only a 2 point gap boys, GET IN!

This season is turning out very similar to last season apart from the finals appearance. Hopefully we now actually carry this form on for the rest of this season in particular for away matches and then next season from round 1 not round 20.

We still are very inconsistent but our home record is starting to comeback. Definitely the best game all season, that had finals intensity all over it. I was disappointed with our 1st half attack and when we were 12-0 down I thought we were gone based on our lack of potency. But Croker's try was match turning and after the Vidot try the momentum was all ours.

Vidot is such a great finisher and still hasn't shown what he can do in the air, always makes big meters in his runs. Waddell adds so much and allows Tongue to get back to being the link man, the Dugan break was setup in part due to Tongue linking with Thurling.

We just can't beat this bunch. It's not bottling, it's just something. We could field an all-star team with the likes of Inglis, Thurston and any other star you want and Canberra could field an under 13 side. It wouldn't matter. We still wouldn't win. Do Canberra put some sort of gas in our dressing room before every game because we always seem to lose our discipline against the Raiders.

Just read one of the stats, not one win in Canberra since 2000. Now thats a stat I should've taken into account with my tipping.

Don't worry Matt you guys will crack us sooner or later, just like we did with the Storm.

All the sides in the 8 really should fear the Eels, they still have Mateo to come back and they are killing it already.

Users who are viewing this thread