NZ tour of India 2024 - 3 Tests

We have a middle order problem and that ain't getting solved soon. Unless Iyer, Rahane, Pujara have exceptional starts in the Ranji.

Rahul needs to go. Man has let India down whenever the teams needs him the most. Jadeja is in the same boat tbh.

India could still win this, but the odds are heavily stacked against us. While we have been dominant, this team has always found it tough, when the scores are low/ things get harder- one simply has to look at the various finals/ WTCs. Acid test for Sharma and his bowlers.

Even a 20 or 30 would have improved our chances if middle order take responsibility
In all fairness, the middle order of Sarfaraz and Pant did end doing the heavy lifting. Much was expected from KLR, who failed as usual.

I've mentioned Jadeja above, but at times wonder whether he's really a middle order batsman or not. Jadeja has scored in the past, but most of them are losing causes, where he knows the team is going to lose. Ends up getting called as a hero for those vain knocks.

One has to give it to NZ. Been brilliant throughout. More than the 46 all our, what stood out for me was the way the played the Indian spinners.

There was a certain something about the NZ team and the manner in which they nullified the Indian bowling. Reminded me of how Australia and England blunted the Indians in 2004 and 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread