mcgrath overtaking wasim akram as all time highest world cup wicket taker

infact i expect anwars 194 to be broken numerous times

gambino said:
Here are the ones i think will definetly break this world cup

saeed anwars 194
most sixes in an innings
mcgrath overtaking wasim akram as all time highest world cup wicket taker

infact i expect anwars 194 to be broken numerous times
I think you take too much credit away from the minnows bowling. It's not all that bad and it's hard to get away because it doesn't come on to the bat.

sohummisra said:
I think you take too much credit away from the minnows bowling. It's not all that bad and it's hard to get away because it doesn't come on to the bat.

I think he's talking about Australia's bowling...

I don't think that many records will be broken, of course we'll see a few partnerships etc.

400 may be stuck at some point, but I don't think the score will go over the current record. It should be a while.

Australia's bowling is bad, but England turned it around. They were bowling even worse against Sri Lanka in that ODI series.

Wasims record cant be broken, McGrath is no-where close to 500 Wickets

i doubt mcgrath will break it though
hes no longer that potent but then again

all it takes is 1 wicket per match or a couple of 5 wicket hauls

I think we might see the first ODI 200 this tournament. I just hope the pitches give us some even matches, I don't want either bat or ball dominating the entire tournament.

Dohni is over-rated, I dont think he will get another score like that big hundred he got a while ago.

Hooper said:
Dohni is over-rated, I dont think he will get another score like that big hundred he got a while ago.
How is he over rated? Buddy, please go check on cricinfo and talk. Ok? He got very good average of 47 and strike rate of 99 along with 63 ODI sixers in 56 innings. Also unbeaten 183* and blistering 148 against pakistan. This man has ability to play long innings. He has proved that he can take singles n double when its required and destroy the oppoistion any time. He's not fluke, if he waz he wouldn't have that good record by now after playing 70 odd ODI matches. He has 11 50's 2 HUGE hundreds n alot of 60's 70's 80's not out and won many many games for INDIA...watch out DHONI will be the star in the world cup.
:cheers

It will take some effort for someone to finally crack that 200, even with all these big scores lately still no one has touched 200. Probably see 400 touched by one of Aus, SA or NZ maybe SL as well.

I don't think we will see any 200s being scored on WI pitches, even some of their outfields are so slow that you are better off running 4. rest aside, this promises to be a good world cup not to mention the insane number of games there will be.

Well the grounds are small so the big hitters will be able to get maximum. Just like NZ not many 300 games especially recently. Will depend on their pitches as NZ one looked flatter than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread