ODI Records Being Broken

Justcrazy said:
How is he over rated? Buddy, please go check on cricinfo and talk. Ok? He got very good average of 47 and strike rate of 99 along with 63 ODI sixers in 56 innings. Also unbeaten 183* and blistering 148 against pakistan. This man has ability to play long innings. He has proved that he can take singles n double when its required and destroy the oppoistion any time. He's not fluke, if he waz he wouldn't have that good record by now after playing 70 odd ODI matches. He has 11 50's 2 HUGE hundreds n alot of 60's 70's 80's not out and won many many games for INDIA...watch out DHONI will be the star in the world cup.
:cheers
Stats can lie and are very overrated.

Justcrazy said:
How is he over rated? Buddy, please go check on cricinfo and talk. Ok? He got very good average of 47 and strike rate of 99 along with 63 ODI sixers in 56 innings. Also unbeaten 183* and blistering 148 against pakistan. This man has ability to play long innings. He has proved that he can take singles n double when its required and destroy the oppoistion any time. He's not fluke, if he waz he wouldn't have that good record by now after playing 70 odd ODI matches. He has 11 50's 2 HUGE hundreds n alot of 60's 70's 80's not out and won many many games for INDIA...watch out DHONI will be the star in the world cup.
:cheers
I spouse Ganguly is going to get a double century aswell. :rolleyes:

sohummisra said:
No, only Ponting, Hayden, Gilchrist and Watson. :rolleyes:
Ponting, Hayden and Gilchrist maybe could get a double century. Only way Watson is getting 200 against his name is in the number of runs conceded in a ten over spell.

andrew_nixon said:
Ponting, Hayden and Gilchrist maybe could get a double century. Only way Watson is getting 200 against his name is in the number of runs conceded in a ten over spell.
Any decently good batsman can get a 200 on his day. Afridi could get it (and possibly leave another player with a chance to dig in and get a slow one, too). Heck, John Davison can get it.

irottev said:
Australia's bowling is bad, but England turned it around. They were bowling even worse against Sri Lanka in that ODI series.

Our bowling was bad due to inexperience. Australias bowlers seems to be losing their touch a bit as they get older e.g. McGrath and Hogg have slowed down in terms of wickets. Heck, Brett Lee's 31.

Well Afridi twice has had the chance to get 200 after getting his 100 in no time. Especially his quickest 100 given he was batting first. But both times got out after a 100.

The problem with Afridi is that he starts playing slow after getting his century and then he gets out in trying to play slow! And I m sure that 194 will no more be the highest ODI score after this worldcup!

Saeed Anwar had the chance to score 200 in the same match but he tried a sweep and a top edge got him out! He should have played slower! 3-4 overs were remaining!

Karachi Xpress said:
The problem with Afridi is that he starts playing slow after getting his century and then he gets out in trying to play slow! And I m sure that 194 will no more be the highest ODI score after this worldcup!

I also feel same ;) there r many players who can do this :)

gambino said:
i doubt mcgrath will break it though
hes no longer that potent but then again

all it takes is 1 wicket per match or a couple of 5 wicket hauls
You don't think he'll take one wicket per match? I hope that you do, he may not be the best in the world anymore but he is still a great bowler.

aus5892 said:
You don't think he'll take one wicket per match? I hope that you do, he may not be the best in the world anymore but he is still a great bowler.

No doubt about that :noway , batsman find difficult to face his balls :D

Murli is 70 wickets away from being the highest wicket taker though he wont be getting it in this worldcup! Wasim Akram 502 and Murli 432!

Karachi Xpress said:

Saeed Anwar had the chance to score 200 in the same match but he tried a sweep and a top edge got him out! He should have played slower! 3-4 overs were remaining!

Well Afridi needs to open to have a chance first and foremost. After that just has to keep going after he gets the 100 and not slow down there are other players that can do that. He would be an outside chance for it given he has 4 100s and he only has a HS of 109.

Users who are viewing this thread