ODI Records Being Broken

Sourav Ganguly or Sachin Tendulkar will be the player of the world cup.Sachin has average of 60 in World Cup.Sourav Ganguly has second highest runs that is 183 in World Cup.Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly have most centurues(4 centuries) in world cup.

gambino said:
infact i expect anwars 194 to be broken numerous times

Pretty tough in my opinion unless its a hard-hitter like Adam Gilchrist or MS Dhoni or Afridid !

The 400 might just be touched once or twice,but dont expect it in the Super 8's atleast !

iceman_waugh said:
Pretty tough in my opinion unless its a hard-hitter like Adam Gilchrist or MS Dhoni or Afridid !

The 400 might just be touched once or twice,but dont expect it in the Super 8's atleast !

Afridi? He'll wrap up his wicket in some gift-wrap and give it to the opposition before he anywhere gets close to 20, let alone 194!!
I see Dhoni or Gilly doing this, maybe even an awesome innings from the man Sachin Tendulkar :D

maybe brian lara will go and smash another 400 runs lol but in a odi match

iceman_waugh said:
How many of you agree with Ian Chappell-500 run barrier will be broken ?
With all due respect to Ian Chappell, he's talking out of his backside. When Sri Lanka broke the 950 barrier in Tests, everyone was saying "how long before someone scores 1000?" Ten years later, has anyone done it? No.

Indeed. There's been talk of people breaking Anwar's record and how it could be broken any day now for the past 4-5 years. Even with the flatter pitches, it hasn't happened yet.

andrew_nixon said:
With all due respect to Ian Chappell, he's talking out of his backside. When Sri Lanka broke the 950 barrier in Tests, everyone was saying "how long before someone scores 1000?" Ten years later, has anyone done it? No.
That may also be due to the fact that teams are going for the win and declare. If WI hadn't declared when Lara got 400 that day, they may well have crossed 950 imo.

On the tracks of the WI, i don't see many batting records being broken. They're not really run conducing tracks-let alone 400. 250-300 tops.
Even against minnows i think they'll be a smaller chance of a big score then a test team. They all have pretty good bowling prospects-and have all those medium pacers who bowl that straight stump-to-stump line at an irritating pace of 120kmph with the keeper up...Ugh.

India barely scraped 300 against the minnows and no other team did it.
Expect 280 to be the max during the Super 8's.
During the Groups,well they might just reach 300,but all matches would be competitive with scores of around 230-240 being the norm.

No one is going to broke shoaib akther record when he bowl 100.23 mph

or anwers record of 194 That a big score in a ODI

One record is sure to be broken.
The heaviest player-Dywane Leverock from Bermuda :p

Tait could come close he was clocking 160km/h in NZ and consistently 155km/h in Aus. Even in the trial matches he clocked up 155km/h.

masterkhan06 said:
No one is going to broke shoaib akther record when he bowl 100.23 mph

or anwers record of 194 That a big score in a ODI

Taist still to go my friend , so no early prediction :p

Users who are viewing this thread