ODI Records Being Broken

Thats the reason why he has 109 as his highest! He plays slow after his century! Never continues his natural game! I remember the Pak vs India game in 2005 in which he got his century of just 45 bowls and was given out at and lbw appeal when he tried to defend a ball by Kumble!

Karachi Xpress said:
Thats the reason why he has 109 as his highest! He plays slow after his century! Never continues his natural game! I remember the Pak vs India game in 2005 in which he got his century of just 45 bowls and was given out at and lbw appeal when he tried to defend a ball by Kumble!
It was Harbhajan actually. This is why Afridi will never be considered great. Whatever capability he had of playing with patience, he threw it out the window following the Chennai test in 1999.

Anyway, I don't want this discussion to turn into another Afridi debate (we already have had enough of those), so lets get back on topic.

he didnt get out lbw

he defended the ball
it hit his boot and then turned onto the stumps

funnily that was the first ball he had defended in his whole innings

I think Afridi has to play for the reaosn that he may just happen to get going, and his bowling is valueable. I don't think he should open though, he can only get scores opening when he's playing on stupid sub continent pitches that I could bat on.

With regards to Afridi slowing down, you also have to realize that fielding restrictions do end at some point, and you are always going to hesitate hitting the ball in the air when there are fielders on the boundary. And the man is not a machine--you do get tired from smacking the ball around.

the only players i think will be getting past 200 are Pietersen,Ponting and Lara. pietersen as he's capable of anything, Ponting because he is playing unbeilevably and is the best batsmen in the world and Lara because when he gets going he can make any number of runs especially at home

I guess everyone are forgetting the pitch conditions! ;) From the India's experience in Caribbean, I dont think any high scoring records wud follow unless they prepare the pitch something different.

Rana Naved will be the most expensive bowler in WC history
Ponting will go past 200
Pietersen will get the most runs in WC history

A couple of the pitches will be good for batting on though Suren, with the small boundaries one or two grounds should be ideal for big scores.

God, Pietersen is so overrated IMO...
Tendulkar might turn something up, maybe his last WC.
Ponting-will have a horrible series (DON"T QUOTE ME ON THIS JUST A PREDICTION)
Lara-Will play a gem of a tournament, his last WC.

pieterson is not overrated. performing so well against the aussies in australia is not being overrated

i don't think Saeed Anwars record will be broken...and i hope it doesn't...lol...but the most sixes and Wasim's record might be broken although McGrath isn't bowling very well recently...

I think this world cup would serve a batting feast. the wickets are being re-laid and new grounds are there, so i think it will be a batting world cup!

If Gilly can get on of those quickfire 100s he could be up for the 200. Smith from SA if he keeps his form would be another, he was scoring his runs very quickly against Pakistan.

Leicester Fox said:
the only players i think will be getting past 200 are Pietersen,Ponting and Lara. pietersen as he's capable of anything, Ponting because he is playing unbeilevably and is the best batsmen in the world and Lara because when he gets going he can make any number of runs especially at home

Pietersen or Lara won't go past 200. Unless they both get promoted to the top 3. If someone is going to break 200 they are going to be a top 3 batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread