ODI Records Being Broken

aussie1st said:
Same will happen with the 200 mark.
Though the 200 mark has been about to be broken for the last five years. When it happens, it'll be a bolt out of the blue sort of match, probably not when we're expecting it, as when Bob Beamons's long jump record was finally broken.

It's strange really, it's happened in women's ODIs, it's happened seven times in domestic one-day cricket.

Maybe it's one of those records that a risk-taker gets, and international players are more likely to take risks. Out of the six players who have done it in List A matches, only two had a substantial international career.

for a player to score 200+ he must came first like opener and play relly fast like hit sixes like saeed anwer when he score hes 194 vs india

Yeah Ali Brown has the biggest ever List A score does he not? He was certainly a risk taker, but never really transferred it all to international cricket.

I think the standard of the game at international level kind of dictates that at least once in 200 runs a bowler will bowl a good ball, and if your going to get to 200 you're going to need a bit of luck to avoid getting out on those balls. Plus batsman run singles so hard these days that they often seem knackered with cramps by the last 10 overs or so, and if you're getting close to 200, chances are you've got plenty of fresh hitters to come, so it may take someone with a little selfishness about them.

Can't belive S.Tait Wants to break Shaoib Akthar 100.2 mph bowl record
If he do it Then that wonld be amazing but in today match The fastest I seen was about 92 mph

masterkhan06 said:
Can't belive S.Tait Wants to break Shaoib Akthar 100.2 mph bowl record
If he do it Then that wonld be amazing but in today match The fastest I seen was about 92 mph

he bowled a 99.4 mph delivery against NZ

andrew_nixon said:
Maybe it's one of those records that a risk-taker gets, and international players are more likely to take risks. Out of the six players who have done it in List A matches, only two had a substantial international career.

D'you know who they are? I remember Ali Brown but i don't have a clue about the other 5.

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Few more needed :D , cmon Taity , you can do it :)

well hes still young and he will probably build on a litle more muscle to support his slingy action which i think will help him go over 100

BTW this in my opinion doesnt have anything to do with ODI records being broken so we should just take this into the "quickest for each country" thread.

Last edited:
masterkhan06 said:
The fastest bowl I saw by tait was about 97 mph

if you look around on Youtube you will se that he bowled one at 99.4 mph against new zealand.

hi,
I hope any one of the australian players will break this record because all the WEST INDIES grounds are small and there is a chance that any one of the players will surely break the record in coming Ireland vs Australia match if Australia will bat first.

watson11 said:
hi,
I hope any one of the australian players will break this record because all the WEST INDIES grounds are small and there is a chance that any one of the players will surely break the record in coming Ireland vs Australia match if Australia will bat first.
I hope not. I wouldn't mind seeing an Aussie do it, but to do it against a weak team wouldn't mean as much IMO. Malinga's 4 wickets in 4 balls certainly would not mean as much had it been against Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread