ODI/Test Series- Australia vs Bangladesh (brad352 vs madmattg)

My Internet is playing up a bit, very slow or network fails. So I will try and post every 10 overs.

Second Match 10 Over Match report

Following on with the great batting form that saw Bangladesh grab victory in their first match the Top order have come to the party and made a solid start.

With a wet pitch that is keeping very low the Top order have flourished in the conditions losing only 1 wicket that of Bashar for 5.

With runs coming freely Ponting made an early change bringing in the Spin of Warne in only the 7th over. With Mcgrath resting and the combination of Lee and Warne the runs still kept clicking over.

Warne's first over was tight conceeding only 4 runs, but Lees bowling is no where near a good line.

In Warnes second over four dots balls looked hard for the Bangladesh side to deal with but with Sarkar liking the batting conditions he dispacted the next 2 for successive fours.

Bangladesh 1/68 of 10 overs

Sarkar 51* (37)
Kapali 12 * (16)

Bowlers

Mcgrath 1/25 of 4
Lee 0/31 of 4
Warne 0/12 of 2

Oh yeah Ive continued with the no cheap power shots. ie advance cover smash with correct meaty line and length

I have removed the power button totally from my game play.

Ill get the full version.

If I can download a trial Ill do that tonight so I can post the screenies.

20 Over Match Report

With ponting changing every which way he could, Warne, Lee, Gillespie, Mcgrath again and the finally Symonds.

He was trying to rattle Bagladesh's cage and to some degree it worked. Slightly slowing the run rate and more so from a very defensive field and bowling line and length the break throughs did come.

Sarkar slowed and finally couldnt go on with it getting out for 58. With Sarkar gone the boundaries dried up and with it so did the run rate. As each batman tried to lift to the task, they were struck of by Australias great bowling.

Still no major collaspe as Kapali moving the score along and some great running is steering Bangaldesh in the right direction.

Looking for a score around 300, they are on target.

Bangladesh 4/120 of 20 overs

Sarkar 58 (47)
Kapali 32*(40)

Bowlers

Mcgrath 1/25 of 4
Lee 2/55 of 9
Warne 1/30 of 5
Gillespie 0/5 of 1
Symonds 0/4 of 1

OK im back, just in time to play another 10 overs before I have more stuff to do. Will have it completed in next couple of hours though.

Match Report 30 overs

Ok well ponting has persisted with the spinner as in doing so has proved only one thing. Warne is having a really bad day. With overs that at times have conceeded 15,12 and 17 runs warne has bowled bad line, length and just out right rubbish. The Bangladesh batman has all but torne strips of Warne and if it handed been for a composed Symmonds at the other end would have surely stacked on even more runs.

Symmonds made a crucial break through in the 29.3 over with the wicket of Mashud for 51.

As a contrast Symmonds had some great overs conserving runs and at times only conceeded 3 in a run rate that passed 7 only for him to reel in back down.

Bangladesh 5/208 of 30 overs 6.934 runs and over reached 7.55

Kapali 71* (66) dropped by hayden on 34
Sarkar 58 (57)
Mashud 51 (42)

Bowlers

Mcgrath 1/25 of 4
Lee 2/55 of 9
Warne 1/80 of 9 ( in four overs went for 50 without wicket )
Gillespie 0/10 of 2
Symonds 1/37 of 6 ( in 5 overs went for 33 and took a wicket )

Last edited:
Match Report 40 Overs

With the spin attack still going the run rate puched higher, confidence was high and nothing seemed beyond the Bangladesh team. Looking at 350+ the team steamed on.

Even with the reintroduction of Mcgrath all seemed well that was until Mcgrath bowled in the 36th over. With great line and a diving catch Kapali was dismissed 5 shy of his hundred and then the very next ball for a golden duck the saviour from match 1 Rafique was catch.

Bangladesh were in trouble with 9 wickets down.

Recovering or really scrabling they sacrificed the rocket run rate to stay at the crease. This will be the mentality from now on.

Stay till the end. Produce runs one by one we need a good total, and we are not there yet.

Bangladesh 9/282 of 40 overs

Kapali 95 (80)
Sarkar 58 (47)
Mashmud 51 (42)
Mushrafe 31 (21)

Bowlers

Mcgrath 5/56 of 9
Lee 2/55 of 9
Warne 1/80 of 9
Gillespie 0/18 of 3
Symonds 1/69 of 9
Clarke 0/2 of 1

With Bangladesh pushing for a great total all hinged on the two tail enders. Surviving and thriving for 11 overs a partnership and score resulted in Bangladesh reaching

All out in the 47th over 351.

This could have been less had Baisya not been dropped in 32 by ponting with the score at 333.

Scorecards save file and screenies follow.

Bangladesh set another 300+ score. Hard battles are won with the heart and persistance of ordinary men.

Attachments

• user02.zip
    119.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
scorecard Bangladesh set scoreboard on fire with a 351 total of 47 overs

Baisya was actually the one not out.

Attachments

• scorecard.jpg
    scorecard.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
bowling figures only real performer was Mcgrath great line and length always kept the pressure on and resulted in a 5 wicket haul.

Attachments

• bowling.jpg
    bowling.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread