One Called off T20 - India VS South Africa

They may as well play a 2 or 3 game series, I mean all the effort just for one game? I'm surprised India didn't just pick a B team.

What's the point of this? If it's for WC preparations, wouldn't it be better to have a series and have them in India, where the conditions are more or less the same as in SL?

What's the point of this? If it's for WC preparations, wouldn't it be better to have a series and have them in India, where the conditions are more or less the same as in SL?

The conditions are completely different from SL. If they had to practise for the WC then they could have don that in India.
What a idiotic tour! :facepalm

Interesting question. Anyone know why cricketers play cricket ???

----------

They may as well play a 2 or 3 game series, I mean all the effort just for one game? I'm surprised India didn't just pick a B team.

BCCI has already surprised you. It is a full strength team including Subs :lol

----------

The conditions are completely different from SL. If they had to practise for the WC then they could have don that in India.
What a idiotic tour! :facepalm

Everyone wants India to play more in bouncy tracks and when they do people still find reasons to comment on them. The last time India sent a team to practise in South Africa they won the world cup :cheers:cheers Doubters even then where questioning our preparation strategy.

Last edited:
Interesting question. Anyone know why cricketers play cricket ???

----------

BCCI has already surprised you. It is a full strength team including Subs :lol

----------

Everyone wants India to play more in bouncy tracks and when they do people still find reasons to comment on them. The last time India sent a team to practise in South Africa they won the world cup :cheers:cheers Doubters even then where questioning our preparation strategy.
Mate! Just 1 T20?

So this is the last match of our season as well. There seems to be no scheduled tour after this. I hope BCCI just keep it that way so everyone can take some rest after IPL (Including spectators :D).

Hoping we finish off with a win :thumbs

----------

Mate! Just 1 T20?

Don't care. Only issue I have is it is on a Friday and I have to hear the commentry at work :lol Saturday or Sunday would have been good.

Last edited:
Its similar to the pact the BCCI had signed a few years ago with SLC. I expect to see many more India-South Africa matches.

Maybe,the usual practice of playing SRL every 15 days is now being meted out on a rotational basis.

I swear I can hear N.SRinivasan singing right now- Its time for Africa !!! :p

Its similar to the pact the BCCI had signed a few years ago with SLC. I expect to see many more India-South Africa matches.

Maybe,the usual practice of playing SRL every 15 days is now being meted out on a rotational basis.

I swear I can hear N.SRinivasan singing right now- Its time for Africa !!! :p

That would be much better. Playing SA more often will be good for us. We will surely not be winning almost everything.

Good for us. If I am right there were just 2 series with SA, which sucks. I hope they cancel the 7 ODI with England later this year :lol

Why could they not play on neutral territory ? Maybe,somewhere midway between the two nations in say- Madagascar, Mauritius or even Maldives.

As a lot of you have put it- a 3 match T20 series would make sense- I would have gone for an ODI series instead.

----------

No,its more like preparation for the IPL where the BCCI does not want its star players found wanting against the pace of Morkel and Steyn. :p

CSA wants a full strength Indian team and they have announced a 2nd tier team :mad

Users who are viewing this thread