Discussion Online Play General Discussion

I think these are what he's talking about:

@chinamanspin, suck sh!t
And to think I used to like you.

I would have got all of the quotes, rather than one specific one, except my laptop is currently broken. So you see how you've made me feel?

And to think I used to like you.

I would have got all of the quotes, rather than one specific one, except my laptop is currently broken. So you see how you've made me feel?

giphy.gif

Our data says 90% of games are ok.

Unfortunately completion rates are 70% of that 90%

It's taking a while to find opponents also as the matches are long.

----------

We are monitoring things so as to know where issues are and so that we can address them whether they be bugs or quitters.

Out of curiosity, how are you able to get these stats? I thought DBC 14 was peer-peer.

Our data says 90% of games are ok.

Unfortunately completion rates are 70% of that 90%

It's taking a while to find opponents also as the matches are long.

----------

We are monitoring things so as to know where issues are and so that we can address them whether they be bugs or quitters.

you mean, there is no lag for most of the people and 90% are able to complete the game properly? Also, the batting player can never get any HUD markers on the ball and no sound of ball striking the bat...

Tried to play an online game. The black screen appears to have crashed my PS3...
I was getting a flash of black screen as the ball arrived every single delivery but finally it died.

Tried to play an online game. The black screen appears to have crashed my PS3...
I was getting a flash of black screen as the ball arrived every single delivery but finally it died.

For me, this crash never happened but I guess most of the issues like lag and other issues coming up online are due to the game having more textures and the crowd to load... may be if they include an option to disable crowd and have lesser graphics, the game might run smoothly.....

Last edited:
Anyone in the UK available for a game (PS3)? I'm trying to find out if the problems I had before are due to distance connections.

----------

Awesome. I lost by forfeit because I'd never bowled without the meter before... :facepalm

Anyone in the UK available for a game (PS3)? I'm trying to find out if the problems I had before are due to distance connections.

----------

Awesome. I lost by forfeit because I'd never bowled without the meter before... :facepalm

I can see someone ranting about a gamer called barmyarmy who "grieve quits" on PS3 :lol

I've been playing this game since Friday and if I'm unable to bowl properly what chance do most casual gamers have?

I've been playing this game since Friday and if I'm unable to bowl properly what chance do most casual gamers have?

Online gaming is supposed to be for folks who are good at the game. Even in Madden NFL, the online difficulty level is set at "All Pro" which is one level down from their highest difficulty level of "All Madden". In DBC's parlance the online difficulty level for Madden is Veteran, and I guess this is what DBC has done as well. Maybe Big Ant can patch in the bowling meter in online games, so that folks have a chance to get the bowling right online and don't quit for that reason. We get enough quitters only as it is.

That crash (unable to even shut down PS3 normally etc) is what happens to me most online games. I've only had the quick-flash-then-ok happen a couple of times. I'm not sure whether the patch is fixing both or just the latter.

Most recent game worked perfectly through an innings and a bit - then full crash again, meaning no resume.

Users who are viewing this thread