Discussion Online Play General Discussion

That first one looked like potentially a lag issue to me with the ball suddenly jumping and the stumps changing to being hit as if the game had attempted to correct itself and therefore the batsmen infact missed it? Just guessing but of course it still needs to be fixed.

Guys just my 2 cents but wont this thread be more informative if you guys post your net speed and ping rates.

Needs some testing with different separations, e.g. Melbourne - Melbourne, Melbourne - Sydney, Melbourne - Perth.

All of the above should work. Melbourne - London should be a stretch.

I played 4 online games today. Very fun....until the Black Screen of Death arrived!

It arrived twice, both times when I was playing with a random player online. I was winning both games comfortably, so I'm not sure how the XP or whatever is calculated for that. It's really irritating to have to power off your PS3 and hope it hasn't corrupted any internal data.

The other two times, I played with @kushari who is in the same Ranji Trophy league as I am. We played two T10s with no screen issues, though with a bit of jumping when the ball passes the batsman. A few times, players were given out bowled when the ball only hit the leg and fell down, no where near the stumps. The run outs and stumpings were an issue as usual, but that is not online specific.

Overall, it was extremely enjoyable, much more so than playing the AI at Pro level.

Kushari won the first game with one wicket to spare, and I won the second.

nupNreZ.jpg

I would like to play somebody from the UK see if that helps any.

----------

Trying another online still terrible getting bowled when i face a massive wide delivery lol how could online be so bad.:noway

----------

And again black screen of death i give up.

Played my first game online today against my brother. Both of us have quite fast Internet connections and we didn't experience any lag at all and no other problems were evident. The bowler goes into the 'slow motion' effect in his delivery stride but I believe this is required for online play.
The game does seem to play differently online. I couldn't vary the length of my deliveries at all. There was not swing, spin or seaming of deliveries that I noticed even in replay. Here was no bowling metre but you soon get used to this. I just used the worn patches on the pitch to judge time my delivery.
Batting was harder, but I'm not sure if this is because the online mode defaults to a higher setting than I am using on one player mode (Amateur).
I could do without the cut scenes of the pitch which seem to occur too regularly and spoil the flow of the game.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAIyRz8DdQ0

Ok heres a taste of the bugs sorry about quality.

----------

Notice 1st ball hit my pads commentator said its a wide and i was bowled and score said 1-1 of 0.0 overs lol

----------

Check out 4th wicket i played it to the boundary along the ground fielder slides in to stop it and it gives me out caught lol.

If not posted already, plz post this in the issues and anomalies thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Batting was harder, but I'm not sure if this is because the online mode defaults to a higher setting than I am using on one player mode (Amateur).
It does - from memory of a post about it, the difficulty is somewhere between Veteran and Legend online.

We've identified some of the issues which will be in patch#1

Once you have a good game going it generally stays that way, unfortunately it's the same in reverse, if it starts bad then it stays that way for 3 - 5 minutes before settling back down.

We've identified some of the issues which will be in patch#1

Once you have a good game going it generally stays that way, unfortunately it's the same in reverse, if it starts bad then it stays that way for 3 - 5 minutes before settling back down.

Will that 3-5 minute window before the game settles down still remain after the patch?

Will that 3-5 minute window before the game settles down still remain after the patch?

It is fixed in patch#1

I am uncertain about the rolling along the ground and being caught - investigating now and why it happens online but not offline.

It is fixed in patch#1

I am uncertain about the rolling along the ground and being caught - investigating now and why it happens online but not offline.

IMO that might be a problem with different views on two different displays. E.g., as a batsman I see the shot rolling along the ground but in reality the shot was hit in the air and this is what my opponent (the bowling side) saw. Or it could be due to missing packets & lag.

I don't think its due to lag, i hit a ground shot to long on the fielder slided to pick the ball and i was given out. i saw 5 to 6 times my opponent got out in same manner and some straight away quit after they were given out.

Imagine if this was an Ashes game which was almost totally unplayable online, there would be uproar.

No this is the game we have all been dreaming of :facepalm

Pile of shite.

Omg imagine an Ashes game that had online at all!

Most online games work fine.

The issue is actually load time differences between different models of console, they go out if sync if different models are in play together, that's why it was not found in QA - it just didn't occur. It is sorted in patch#1

Ps: stop being such a cock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread