Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Imagine if this was an Ashes game which was almost totally unplayable online, there would be uproar.

Love you to bits, man. But both "Ashes" games have "totally unplayable" online modes. AC09 no longer exists and Ashes 2013 is unplayable OFFLINE, let alone online, by everyone. Kinda a dumb argument to make.

We're not talking "Sim City" levels of unplayable online either. We're talking a few games where it's just not great. I've played 5 online matches (I think, @ChinamanSpin can find the quote) I know I've won 2, had two people quit or "disconnect" and one that I won because the other guy quit.

Out of those 5, 2 of them glitched a little because of connection issues, I'm assuming theirs, not mine. Not a big deal, but not "unplayable online" by any stretch of the imagination.

----------

EDIT:

I think the quality of connection plays a huge part in the stability of the game. Most people I've played with that I know are UK, Australia or NZ based the matches are just fine. For what it's worth.

Love you to bits, man. But both "Ashes" games have "totally unplayable" online modes. AC09 no longer exists and Ashes 2013 is unplayable OFFLINE, let alone online, by everyone. Kinda a dumb argument to make.

We're not talking "Sim City" levels of unplayable online either. We're talking a few games where it's just not great. I've played 5 online matches (I think, @ChinamanSpin can find the quote) I know I've won 2, had two people quit or "disconnect" and one that I won because the other guy quit.

Out of those 5, 2 of them glitched a little because of connection issues, I'm assuming theirs, not mine. Not a big deal, but not "unplayable online" by any stretch of the imagination.

----------

EDIT:

I think the quality of connection plays a huge part in the stability of the game. Most people I've played with that I know are UK, Australia or NZ based the matches are just fine. For what it's worth.

Thing is for me, online is critical, offline no matter what game it is gets boring very quickly for me.

Any time I fire up my ps3/4 it is to play online, and for so e reason I had high holes for this game online, offline I can take bugs and what not but online in my experience so far is a massive let down.

Obviously I'm not comparing gameplay offline between ashes or Bradman, but in Ashes 09 the online was an enjoyable experience, the one good thing from another poor cricket game.

In the modern gaming world surely online quality has to be as important if not more so than offline?

In this game offline kills online hands down, the general feeling on this forum at least is that most people think this game is great, not for me to say they are wrong although I tend to think the game is average and is no where near as good as the hype suggested.

However the ability to have good fun matches with fair players online would have saved it for me, but at the minute I cannot see this happening.

They're pretty committed to patching the game, I'm confident it'll be sorted. In the meantime, add me on PS3 and we'll see if we can get a decent connection and a match happening...

Early days and I'm not saying there aren't issues, but it's not "unplayable".

Most online games work fine.

While I'm not agreeing with Lee1981's method of going about this, that's certainly not been my experience, nor several other people commenting in this and other threads. Most of my online games have ended in a black screen or disconnections (where both players remain online and want to resume instantly). The 2 or 3 I've had work through to the end all have warping bowlers making it hard to bat properly.

Perhaps it's the case that it works fine for most people and they haven't been commenting upon it, but I'm not sure 'most online games work fine' is a statement that can be made that easily.

Last edited:
Well, you're only going to hear about the people having problems aren't you? People aren't going to log in and say "Hey, had a great game! Lost by 20 runs to @barmyarmy" are they?

I remember i played few games with lee in ashes 09 it was fun but it has more lag, more disconnections and i can't have spinners in my team.

Fifa series has more lag compared to dbc14. I have only 4mbps connection and i played with guys in australia and i don't see noticeable lag except with fast bowlers bowling with 140+. The black screen error is a real issue but its going to be fixed in patch#1 but still we can have option to continue the disconnected match which is one of the best feature in dbc14.

dbc14 is really great whether it is offline or online.

Sure, I'm not denying that at all.

No, but I think you need to give a bit of credit where it's due and assume when the developer of the cricket title who'll have the relevant online feedback data is telling you "most games" are being completed and going as expected, you gotta assume he has the relevant data to back that up, y'know? #JustSayin

Our data says 90% of games are ok.

Unfortunately completion rates are 70% of that 90%

It's taking a while to find opponents also as the matches are long.

----------

We are monitoring things so as to know where issues are and so that we can address them whether they be bugs or quitters.

Most people are having T20 matches online, that I've seen. So they'll take a good 2 hours to complete (or more) that's prolly why there's a lack of available players. Aint nobody got time for that...

Most people are having T20 matches online, that I've seen. So they'll take a good 2 hours to complete (or more) that's prolly why there's a lack of available players. Aint nobody got time for that...

Do you thnk that a shorter format online would encourage more people play? Something that would take around 1/2 hour to complete perhaps?

I had a very fun experience in a close game that ended in the last over. There were a couple of bugs that I noted in another thread, but there was very little lag (I think he was from SA) and it helped that both of us were inept at bowling without assists and with slowdown.

I'm going to need to play a couple more times to really evaluate it.

was it south_africa2011?

Guys just my 2 cents but wont this thread be more informative if you guys post your net speed and ping rates.

481528024.png

----------

EDIT:

I would Biggs, I really would. And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I have no idea what quote you are asking me to find.

I think these are what he's talking about:

I got some dude out like that in an online match a couple of days ago, was hilarious... I was rolling him for about 7 runs and 5 wickets down anyway, so he was going to quit and sure enough, did just that shortly after.

Less of a bug, more like karma...

Also just finished my first online game against some random dude, paced my innings well and formed a great partnership at the end between A.Biggs and M.Whitehorn ...77 odd runs in 10 overs and rolled the opponent out with 17 runs to spare. A lot of the HUD stuff gets removed in online multiplayer, which makes it pretty tough. Good match though.

...then go slam some chunnster chump in an online match, like I did the other night before he "quit"

Got snubbed by @barmyarmy for an online match! Brutal. Prolly a good thing though... Online was all over the show tonight, froze on me twice, got that black screen freeze error too.,,

@chinamanspin, suck sh!t

Users who are viewing this thread