Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Just an hour ago, played an online T10 match with Mike Merren from DBC Team. I made 134 runs and Mike chased down the target with 2 balls left... even though we had to had to re-join once because of some error, I had good fun with this match....

Just an hour ago, played an online T10 match with Mike Merren from DBC Team. I made 134 runs and Mike chased down the target with 2 balls left... even though we had to had to re-join once because of some error, I had good fun with this match....

That was HBK on Mike's account, expect you will see a lot more of us online this week as we try to see why people are having issues.

The "resume" function after online failure is there because of input from you guys at Planet Cricket - as far as I know it's a world first on console :)

Just had a go at a random match online - what a horrible experience that is.

I lose the toss and the other guy chose to bat, he's pummelling me around the park, but it's a T10 so I'm not fussed. I eventually put on a medium pacer, the guy can't handle it so it tightens up, he was even worse with spin. Anyway, end of 10 overs and I need something like 160.

So the guy comes on to bowl - appeals every single ball without fail - he wastes his review early on, and then the umpire seems to give me not out with things I think I edged - it's really hard to tell online. Still, despite this, constant appeals. Which is extremely annoying.

I also can't view the field because no matter how quick I am on the trigger, I never get a chance to look, because the bowler is immediately on his way. So a lot of my wickets were caught in the deep, but I still scored runs fairly quickly.

The worst of my wickets was a stumping - when I saw the pitchmap at the end of the over, the dot for the wicket was on the top left corner of the pitch.

Ended up falling about 70 runs short of the target - which I didn't mind because of how I was being smashed early on - but it would be great if there was something to limit the appeals, even if there's some umpire decisions going my way, I'd much rather they just be totally stopped after a while.

The marker around the ball was very rarely there, but otherwise the game was smooth and was completed just fine.

I think I'll stick to just those on here in future.

Hahaha. Reminds cricket 97 where i used to appeal for no reason.

But isn't it like after you appeal a lot, umpire doesn't usually give decisions in favor of bowler.

That was HBK on Mike's account, expect you will see a lot more of us online this week as we try to see why people are having issues.

The "resume" function after online failure is there because of input from you guys at Planet Cricket - as far as I know it's a world first on console :)

Oh, nice to know that the resume feature is the first of its kind on consoles.... I remember about the other feature of sharing the Academy created players between consoles and PC is also the first of its kind that BigAnt has done...Kudos....:thumbs

@BigAntStudios, @mikeymerren, In the online mode, custom matches created by others are shown always as 20 overs to others and when we enter the game, then only we come to know that its a 5 over game or a 10 over game... Please have a look.... :cheers

EDIT: If possible, please look into giving the match loss to the player who quits the game, because these quitters are just doing their batting and quitting the game if they have a low score...... thanks....

Last edited:
@BigAntStudios, @mikeymerren, In the online mode, custom matches created by others are shown always as 20 overs to others and when we enter the game, then only we come to know that its a 5 over game or a 10 over game... Please have a look.... :cheers

EDIT: If possible, please look into giving the match loss to the player who quits the game, because these quitters are just doing their batting and quitting the game if they have a low score...... thanks....

We're always looking at what's happening with quitters, it's particularly hard with cricket we don't have an opportunity to see who is in front (unlike football).

I also can't view the field because no matter how quick I am on the trigger, I never get a chance to look, because the bowler is immediately on his way. So a lot of my wickets were caught in the deep, but I still scored runs fairly quickly.

Don't the batsmen get a couple of seconds to check out the field the way we do offline? If not, then the patch with fielders on the boundary visible won't be of much use online :(

Users who are viewing this thread