Draft: Pakistan All-Time Test XI Draft

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can we really have got to selection 8 and nobody has chosen Hanif Mohammed? Thanks!!

And while we’re at it, it’ll surprise nobody to know my 2nd pick is Mohammed Yousuf.

Be a while before I can pick again, so getting my batting order off to a strong start feels important.

@AsadRM you’re up again!

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Now that Hanif Mohammad has been taken, Inzamam-ul-Haq will be my second pick.

Asad's all-time Pakistan Test XI:

4. :pak: Javed Miandad :bat:
5. :pak: Inzamam-ul-Haq :bat:

@ahmedleo414

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
:pak: :bat: MISBAH-UL-HAQ :c:

- Fastest fifty in Test cricket history - 21 balls
- Formerly, joint fastest hundred in Test cricket history - 56 balls
- Most successful Pakistani Test captain with 26 wins under his belt
- Most Test series wins as a Pakistani captain with 11 victories
- 81 - the highest number of sixes hit by a Pakistani batsman in Tests (no tuk tuk here)

Was hoping to pick Javed Miandad next, but he was poached by Asad. So I thought I'd reunite the MisYou pairing. As much as I disagree with his coaching antics, I do think he was sorely underrated as a batsman. He will also be my captain. Don't get me wrong, Imran Khan is still the best captain Pakistan has ever had. But he's not the most successful one, tho is he?

|
:bat:
||
Matches
||
Innings
||
Not outs
||
Runs
||
Highest score
||
Average
||
Balls faced
||
Strike rate
||
100s
||
50s
||
4s
||
6s
|

| - Tests| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
-511-
| |
-81-
| |

| - First-class - | |
| |
| |
| |
-17,139-
| |
| |
| | | | | |
| |
-101-
| | | | | |

"The most remarkable aspect about Misbah-ul-Haq is his unflappable temperament. It shows in his batting, which reached unprecedented levels of consistency in 2011, and in his captaincy, which helped lift Pakistan from the depths of the spot-fixing saga in England in 2010. Taking over as leader immediately after that episode at the age of 36, Misbah's calm approach was exactly what Pakistan cricket needed after the tumultuous period it had gone through." - ESPNCricinfo

- - -

NMA's All-Time Pakistan Test XI

:pak: :bat: Younis Khan
:pak: :bat: MISBAH-UL-HAQ :c:

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Azhar Ali is my next pick. You might be surprised at this selection, given his performance in the past couple of years, but i've done a little statistical analysis, and he is one of the best batsmen available, purely statistically.

CerealKiller's XI
3. :pak: Azhar Ali :bat:
8. :pak: Wasim Akram :ar:

@Ahmad94

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Azhar Ali
Very good pick! He was the best opener in the world between 2012-2016. And was more than decent during 2010-2012 and 2016-2018. Since 2018, he has underperformed but is still one of the greatest Pakistani openers of all-time.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
4. :pak: :bat: Zaheer Abbas
11. :pak: :bwl: Mohammad Asif

Controversial Pick but Mohammad Asif.

Absolutely hate the guy for his involvement in the 2010 scandal - but can't deny his talent. Arguably one of the best bowlers in the last 10-15 years for Pakistan - IMHO.

Little Nostalgia from my side - when we first came to the UK there was a Pakistan and India Test Series (back in 2005/6) and we paid for a channel subscription to watch that series. Watching Asif was magical - got the ball to talk on those docile wickets. The test in Karachi where Irfan Pathan took a hattrick yet Pakistan won by a huge margin - Asif made the batsmen look stupid - especially for a medium pacer that's a special talent - including wickets of Dravid, Tendulkar, and Laxman.

Test: 106 Wickets @ 24.36 in 23 tests at a SR of 48.7
First Class: 441 Wickets @ 23.10 in 103 games

@Aislabie - you're up chief.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
4. :pak: :bat: Zaheer Abbas
11. :pak: :bwl: Mohammad Asif

Controversial Pick but Mohammad Asif.

Absolutely hate the guy for his involvement in the 2010 scandal - but can't deny his talent. Arguably one of the best bowlers in the last 10-15 years for Pakistan - IMHO.

Little Nostalgia from my side - when we first came to the UK there was a Pakistan and India Test Series (back in 2005/6) and we paid for a channel subscription to watch that series. Watching Asif was magical - got the ball to talk on those docile wickets. The test in Karachi where Irfan Pathan took a hattrick yet Pakistan won by a huge margin - Asif made the batsmen look stupid - especially for a medium pacer that's a special talent - including wickets of Dravid, Tendulkar, and Laxman.

Test: 106 Wickets @ 24.36 in 23 tests at a SR of 48.7
First Class: 441 Wickets @ 23.10 in 103 games

@Aislabie - you're up chief.
Was hoping he flew under the radar somehow.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Fazal-Mahmood.jpg

:pak: :bwl: Fazal Mahmood

Test stats - 620 runs @ 14.09 (best 60) and 139 wickets @ 24.70 (13 5WI, best 7/42) in 34 matches
First-class stats - 2,662 runs @ 23.35 (1 century, best 100*) and 466 wickets @ 18.96 (38 5WI, best 9/43) in 112 matches

Pakistan were a competitive Test nation almost immediately once they got the opportunity to play in the format, quite unlike almost every other Test newcomer since South Africa joined England and Australia in the late nineteenth century. The main reason for this was the tireless fast-medium bowling of Fazal Mahmood, who was capable of being both a tireless, economical workhorse and a deadly strike bowler able to put in one of Test cricket's great semi-forgotten performances. It is quite something for a player from their country's first generation of Test cricketers to have a win-loss record anything like as good as seven to nine. In those seven wins, Mahmood took 65 wickets at 10.69 with nine five-wicket innings and four ten-wicket matches.

5. :pak: :ar: Mushtaq Mohammad
8. :pak: :bwl: Fazal Mahmood

@Yash.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread