Draft: Pakistan All-Time Test XI Draft

My next pick is another player I loved watching. Abdul Razzaq

EbA9qiKXQAcchxa.jpg

Stats||Matches||Runs||HS||:bat: Ave||100s/50s||Wkts||BBI||BBM||:bwl: Ave||Econ||5w/10w
First-Class | |123| |5,371| |203*| |32.55| |8/29| |355| |7/51| |?| |31.42| |3.48| |13/2
Test | |46| |1,946| |134| |28.61| |3/7| |100| |5/35| |7/155| |36.94| |3.16| |1/0

His bio from cricinfo

"Abdul Razzaq was once rapid enough to open the bowling and remains composed enough to bat anywhere, though he is discovering that the lower-order suits him nicely. His bowling - the reason he was first noticed - is characterised by a galloping approach, accuracy, and reverse-swing. But it is his batting that is more likely to win matches. He boasts a prodigious array of strokes and is particularly strong driving through cover and mid-off off both front and back foot. He has two gears: block or blast. Cut off the big shots and Razzaq gets bogged down, although patience is his virtue as he demonstrated in a match-saving fifty against India in Mohali in 2005. Just prior to that he had also played a bewilderingly slow innings in Australia, scoring four runs in over two hours. When the occasion demands it though, as ODIs often do, he can still slog with the best of them: England were pillaged for a 22-ball 51 at the end of 2005. and then again for nearly 60 runs in the last three overs of an ODI in September the following year."

ahmedleo414's playing XI:

1. :pak: :bat: Saeed Anwar
  2. :pak: :ar: Majid Khan
  3. :pak: :bat: Ijaz Ahmed
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. :pak: :ar: Abdul Razzaq
  8. ?
  9. :pak: :bwl: Mushtaq Ahmed
  10. ?
  11. :pak: :bwl: Waqar Younis
@Na Maloom Afraad you have the next pick

My next pick will be Pakistan's first Test wicketkeeper, Imtiaz Ahmed. Here’s what Cricinfo has to say about him
"Imtiaz Ahmed was one of the fine, proud, patriotic band of cricketers, most of them Lahore College graduates, who gave Pakistan such a successful start in the 1950s. As a batsman he was a magnificent hooker: Majid Khan said he was inspired by the sight of Imtiaz taking on Wes Hall at Lahore in 1958-59. He was also Pakistan's first regular wicketkeeper, which often forced him to bat down the order when he was so suited to being an attacking opener. In England in 1954 he came closer than any tourist before or since to the wicketkeeper's double of 1000 runs and 100 dismissals in a first-class season - he finished 14 dismissals short."
To add to that, he also made 209 in a Test match, opening the batting. He will be batting lower in the order in this XI though.

CerealKiller's XI
1. :pak: Shoaib Mohammad :bat:
2. :pak: Saeed Ahmed :bat:
3. :pak: Azhar Ali :bat:
6. :pak: Imtiaz Ahmed :wkb:
8. :pak: Wasim Akram :ar:
9. :pak: Iqbal Qasim :bwl:

@Ahmad94

1. :pak: :bat: Aamer Sohail
4. :pak: :bat: Zaheer Abbas
5. :pak: :bat: Fawad Alam
6.:pak: :bat: Asad Shafiq
9. :pak: :bwl: Saeed Ajmal
11. :pak: :bwl: Mohammad Asif

Asad Shafiq. - solid average of 40 odd in First Class cricket - and has bailed out so many times.

Khan_Mohammad_in_1954.jpg

:pak: :bwl: Khan Mohammad

Test stats - 54 wickets @ 23.92 (4 5WI, best 6/21) in 13 matches
First-class stats - 214 wickets @ 23.22 (16 5WI, best 7/56) in 54 matches

Just a really good opening bowler really. So good in fact that despite being a contemporary of Fazal Mahmood, most observers considered Khan to be the better bowler. Unlike the tireless Fazal though, Khan's body did not stand up well to the 20-over spells he would often be tasked with. Had he not been drafted back into the Pakistan side in 1958 at a point when the mind was still willing but the body not, then he would have finished with a career bowling average of under 18; instead, he's a somewhat overlooked Pakistani quick - which I was relying on by leaving him this late in the draft.

4. :pak: :bat: Babar Azam
5. :pak: :ar: Mushtaq Mohammad
6. :pak: :ar: Shahid Afridi
8. :pak: :bwl: Fazal Mahmood
9. :pak: :bwl: Khan Mohammad
10. :pak: :bwl: Pervez Sajjad

@Yash.

Last edited:
Khan Mohammad and Imtiaz were both supposed to be my next picks, doesn't help that my turn comes once in a blue moon. :p

Mohsin Khan for me

Mohammad Hafeez

Users who are viewing this thread