Inzamam ul Haq
Yousaf Youhana
Abdul Razzaq
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Rana Naved
M. Sami
Rao Iftikhar Anjum

Perhaps, at the end of the day the only disappointment for Pakistan would be the unnecessary ban on Captain(Inzy) for one Test.

taimurasad said:
Perhaps, at the end of the day the only disappointment for Pakistan would be the unnecessary ban on Captain(Inzy) for one Test.
No, he deserved it. Its a fair penalty, the moment he appealed I had a feeling that he was in trouble because he overdid it.

shahid6995 said:
No, he deserved it. Its a fair penalty, the moment he appealed I had a feeling that he was in trouble because he overdid it.

Well shahid over doing doest mean a penalty of as big as one Test + 30% match fees. They could have penalized him for something like 80% or maybe 100% of match fees. But I think one Test + 30%fees is too harsh on him & is simply spoiling his and his side's party.

if you look at stephen fleming he is also batting like sourav ganaguly he just made 3 and his bee batting poorly in the last couple of months its just rest players need.

Pak_cricketer said:
One day squad for Pakistan: Salman Butt, Younis Khan (vice-capt), Inzamam-ul Haq (capt), Yousuf Youhana, Asim Kamal, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Mohammed Hafeez, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Shahid Nazir, Rana Naved-ul Hasan, Mohammed Sami, Danish Kaneria, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Arshad Khan.

Not Included:Shoaib Akhtar ,Taufeeq Umar, Yasir Hameed and Mohammad Khalil

India Squad:
Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly (capt), Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammad Kaif, Dinesh Mongia, Mahendra Dhoni (wk), Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Murali Kartik, Ashish Nehra, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Zaheer Khan.

Not Included: Anil Kumble and VVS Laxman.

Whats up with that? :eek:

its good india finally include dinesh mongia to the squad he is person i rate very high and he played well for india in the world cup 2003 for some stupid reason i dont know why they dropped him after that

That's the team management. Many good players like Ramesh,S.S.Das have have disappeared.

Pak_cricketer said:
I think Ganguly should be fined because he wasted time!

It was very funny to see Ganguly standing there even after he was out.Inzy is fined for excesssive appeal.I think all 11 Pakistanis must be fined for excessive appeal.
Ganguly must be suspended for a few tests(atleast this would be a rest for him & a chance for Dravid to prove as Captain)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

jazz said:
if you look at stephen fleming he is also batting like sourav ganaguly he just made 3 and his bee batting poorly in the last couple of months its just rest players need.

its good india finally include dinesh mongia to the squad he is person i rate very high and he played well for india in the world cup 2003 for some stupid reason i dont know why they dropped him after that

really?? what innings did he play so well that impressed you during the World Cup 2003? I felt Laxman might have been better than Dinesh Mongia in WC2003.

It seems captains most of the times fail

bharat said:
That's the team management. Many good players like Ramesh,S.S.Das have have disappeared.

It was very funny to see Ganguly standing there even after he was out.Inzy is fined for excesssive appeal.I think all 11 Pakistanis must be fined for excessive appeal.
Ganguly must be suspended for a few tests(atleast this would be a rest for him & a chance for Dravid to prove as Captain)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ramesh has been very badly treated for no fault of his. I dont quite agree when you say Das was good. He used to take up lot of time and we drew matches that we needed to win. Same thing with Akash Chopra. I mean, be solid, but not too much defensive. Must keep rotating strike if not score boundaries.

Gambhir seems good now. He has proved himself. Lets see how far this lad goes.

Pak_cricketer said:
I think Ganguly should be fined because he wasted time!

I hope this is not becoz ur captain Inzy was fined??

Is standing at the wicket a waste of time. Yes, a bit. But does that warranty a fine??? Had he shown dissent, then it would have been an offense. I think he was shocked or something (cant clearly say as i didnt watch it). I hope you are more logical!!

Pak_cricketer said:
why dont you guys use Gautam Gambir for ODI's?

Not a bad idea certainly.

Send this forward to the Indian selectors. Include who you are and where you are from. Might play a part in improving the already improving relations between India and Pakistan as a pakistani suggesting a player for India will be received well... just kidding!

my on-field squad for the two teams would be:
(in batting order)

INDIA
1. V.Sehwag
2. S.Tendulkar
3. S.Ganguly (c)
4. R.Dravid
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. Mohammad Kaif
7. M.Dhoni (wk)
8. I.Pathan
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. A.Nehra
11. L.Balaji

PAKISTAN
1. Yasir Hameed
2. Shahid Afridi
3. Yousuf Youhanna
4. Inzamam ul-Haq (c)
5. Younis Khan
6. Kamran Akmal (wk)
7. Shoaib Malik
8. Abdul Razzaq
9. Rana Naved - Ul Hasan
10. Arshad Khan
11. Mohammad Sami

I dont agree with Nehra's inclusion. Zaheer is far better than Nehra. In fact on current form, Zaheer is better than Pathan.

And three seamers on Indian wickets for ODI's is a bit too far. I would go with Murali Karthik instead of Pathan and have Khan instead of Nehra.

saisrini80 said:
I dont agree with Nehra's inclusion. Zaheer is far better than Nehra. In fact on current form, Zaheer is better than Pathan.

And three seamers on Indian wickets for ODI's is a bit too far. I would go with Murali Karthik instead of Pathan and have Khan instead of Nehra.

hmm, i can see your line of thinking. i included ashish nehra beacuse of his past performance against pakistan in pakistan last year. he played really well and showed a lot of courage and character with the ball. same reason for the exclusion of zaheer khan. undoubtably one of the inform seamers for india at the moment, but watching over the last ODI series incounter in the sub-continent, felt as though nehra was the better man.

As for the three pace bowling selection, variety is still there for ganguly if his pacemen arnt doing the job. harbajan singh is there, and if spin seems to be doing it on the day, sehwag and tendulkar can always have a bowl. i just think that the three pacers i chose will not let ganguly down. would have loved to have picked ajit agarkar. He is my favourite indian player, anyone know why he was excluded from the test team? bad form? injury?

He is my favourite indian player, anyone know why he was excluded from the test team? bad form? injury?

it's consistancy! I agree he can be amazing on his day but when it's not going for him he is just terrible.

Shailesh said:
it's consistancy! I agree he can be amazing on his day but when it's not going for him he is just terrible.

Yes. And I think India has had enough of him. When he really can prove that he has got some sort of consistency in him, he might get back into the team! A good all rounder!

Gosh man!! Lost more than 100 points voting for India and a draw in the 3rd test. Should tread this vbookie with more care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread