Pakistan in India

What will be the outcome of ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ODI series btw IND vs PAK will gonna end tied again(3-3) as they were done in Test matches.

Few Probabilities:

Batsman of the series : Sachin Tendulkar(Has a very very good recent ODI avg!)

Bowler of the Series: Mohd Sami (He is the much better bowler in ODIs)

Your thoughts on this?

Boss

I think you're wrong in both counts. I think both the top batsman and bowler will be someone totally unlikely, who we do not expect to change the series. Perhaps it will be Irfan Pathan with the ball or Rao Ifthikar Anjum; and perhaps it will be Sourav Ganguly (no!) or someone like Kamran Akmal. I think its wide open.

I too feel the ODI series will be tied 3-3. Here is what I feel the matches would go

1st: Pakistan
2nd: India
3rd: Pakistan
4th & 5th: India
6th: Pakistan

I think Ganguly can may be open the batting for 1 - 2 games and find his feet.. May be, he can get back with Sachin again in the opening slot. Let Sehwag come in at No.3 (one down). He can be a devastating pinch hitter.

Pakistan would like to win the 6th as their dictator Gen.Mushraff comes to watch the game.

This is my squad for the 1st ODI. What do you think??
*Sourav Ganguly
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Mohammad Kaif
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
+Mahendra Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Murali Kartik
Zaheer Khan

Everything is perfect except for Zaheer Khan and Irfan Pathan.It is stupid to omit Balaji who is in top form.Either Pathan or Zaheer can be omited.

Hey Guys!!! I have a great news for you. I am not sure it's confirmed or not that India is touring Pakistan In December.

NEW DELHI, Mar 18: The Indian team could tour Pakistan as early as December, for the second time in two years, to play three Tests and five one-day internationals, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan says.

"It (the return tour by India) may even be in the end of December -- but basically (they would tour in) January-February," Khan told IANS.

"We are just going to work out the dates," said Khan, here to attend the International Cricket Council meetings and is meeting his Indian counterparts.

India had toured Pakistan, for the first time in almost 15 years, in March-April last year for a highly successful three Tests and five one-dayers.

The Pakistan team is now in India to play three Tests and six one-day internationals.

Khan said India could pay a return visit as early as December and latest by January for the same number of matches because the two countries play on reciprocal basis.

Although Pakistan are playing an extra one-day in India, Khan said PCB would not insist on six one-dayers.

"We have to understand India's problem, which is that they have to get back to face England (at home). So we would like to have six one-day internationals, but we will not insist on the figure," he said.

"We are looking forward to that," said the former Pakistan foreign secretary who has his roots in Bhopal.

"I think we have to make up for the previous two decades when we were not able to tour each other; once in a blue moon we toured and then it was put off," said Khan, a former Pakistan foreign secretary.

He was referring to the severance of cricket ties between the two countries due to various reasons including wars, Kashmir and the Kargil conflict of 1999.

The cold war ended with India's tour of Pakistan last year for the first full-fledged series on Pakistani soil since 1989.

"We have got lots to make up. Lots of people feel this making up should take place now," said Khan, who is related to former India captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi.

preet said:
This is my squad for the 1st ODI. What do you think??
*Sourav Ganguly
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Mohammad Kaif
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
+Mahendra Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Murali Kartik
Zaheer Khan

Same squad, I agree too. I want to see how Bhajji and Kartik bowl together. After Kumble retires, these two have to form another lethal combination. Kartik is a hard working and more of a economical bowler. Bhajji is an attacker and we all know it. Should be an interesting combo!

bharat said:
Everything is perfect except for Zaheer Khan and Irfan Pathan.It is stupid to omit Balaji who is in top form.Either Pathan or Zaheer can be omited.

I would omit Pathan instead of Zaheer. Zaheer should play instead of Pathan

Hey Guys!!! I have a great news for you. I am not sure it's confirmed or not that India is touring Pakistan In December.

NEW DELHI, Mar 18: The Indian team could tour Pakistan as early as December, for the second time in two years, to play three Tests and five one-day internationals, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan says.

"It (the return tour by India) may even be in the end of December -- but basically (they would tour in) January-February," Khan told IANS.

"We are just going to work out the dates," said Khan, here to attend the International Cricket Council meetings and is meeting his Indian counterparts.

India had toured Pakistan, for the first time in almost 15 years, in March-April last year for a highly successful three Tests and five one-dayers.

The Pakistan team is now in India to play three Tests and six one-day internationals.

Khan said India could pay a return visit as early as December and latest by January for the same number of matches because the two countries play on reciprocal basis.

Although Pakistan are playing an extra one-day in India, Khan said PCB would not insist on six one-dayers.

"We have to understand India's problem, which is that they have to get back to face England (at home). So we would like to have six one-day internationals, but we will not insist on the figure," he said.

"We are looking forward to that," said the former Pakistan foreign secretary who has his roots in Bhopal.

"I think we have to make up for the previous two decades when we were not able to tour each other; once in a blue moon we toured and then it was put off," said Khan, a former Pakistan foreign secretary.

He was referring to the severance of cricket ties between the two countries due to various reasons including wars, Kashmir and the Kargil conflict of 1999.

The cold war ended with India's tour of Pakistan last year for the first full-fledged series on Pakistani soil since 1989.

"We have got lots to make up. Lots of people feel this making up should take place now," said Khan, who is related to former India captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi.

Last edited:
If true, then Pakistan might start favorites that series. Their home ground and also their confidence really building up now.

saisrini80 said:
I too feel the ODI series will be tied 3-3. Here is what I feel the matches would go

4th & 5th: India

hmm, same result, different order of wins and losses for mine..
i just keep getting this feeling that this will be a repeat of last years series in pakistan and all the excitement that was there will be displayed again in india.

4th: India
5th: Pakistan
6th: India

if india wins:
5th: India
6th: India

if pakistan wins:
2nd: Pakistan
3rd: India
5th: Pakistan

just mere predictions, im obviously hoping that pakistan can pull out the win, but my rep points would be on the draw.. :p

preet said:
:cool: vibs that's a really good news, we're gonna get to see India and Pakistan playing test and ODI once again. :) :)

we will see plenty (too much if you ask me) since they will play every year now.

Haha that was just a big insult to pakistan,calling the country a dictator one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread