Pakistan in Sri Lanka

Nah, remember India literary "KILLED" Sri Lanka in ODI.

prarara said:
India could well have won the first one dayer...but I think SL will win the Tests and Pak the ODIs.

for me test series is important than one odayers
test cricket is real cricket
thanks to god that we have won many one day series in past one series deaft from india wont make us worst team in the world
congragulatins to all indians friend from me to winning the one day series thanks

;) :happy

Last edited:
Sri Lanka are awesome on their own turf, especially in the one day format. I don't think that the tests will be won By SL, even if Shoaib doesn't play I think that Pakistan have the bowling attack to challenge SL and bowl them out twice.

^ good point there, Pakistan's bowling may trobble Sri Lanka even without Shoaib.

pak should take anwar ali and jamashed to srilanka tour man seriously no jokes i know threy both are young i heard and read about anwar ali he is pathan and from karachi
my bowling line uo will be
anwer
jamshed
asif
shoaib akthar if he is not fit then auyb akthar from under 19 he is alo very good boler
kaneria
razzak
1 class bowling the new guys look to me new akram anwer ali can swing the ball more than waqr younis dam i am dying to see both of them to play for pak soon

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/feb2006-daily/22-02-2006/sports/s9.htm
read about jamshed and anwer ali

jamshed

Last edited:
jan said:
pak should take anwar ali and jamashed to srilanka tour man seriously no jokes i know threy both are young i heard and read about anwar ali he is pathan and from karachi
my bowling line uo will be
anwer
jamshed
asif
shoaib akthar if he is not fit then auyb akthar from under 19 he is alo very good boler
kaneria
razzak
1 class bowling the new guys look to me new akram anwer ali can swing the ball more than waqr younis dam i am dying to see both of them to play for pak soon

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/feb2006-daily/22-02-2006/sports/s9.htm
read about jamshed and anwer ali

jamshed

I heard Anwar can only bowl the inswinger, I'd say Jamshed is a better choice.

Pakistan will inshallah win both ... i say 2-1 in the ODI's and 1-0 tests... if we win every1 will get over the loss to india.. inshallah

Pakistan Zindabad

Hope Imran Farhat replaces Salman Butt for some matches, as we all seen Salman Butts form against India. GO Farhat. Go Farhat.

Pakistan will certainly be looking to get back on track after the series defeat against India. Srilanka are also playing well after their tour in Australia, although they lost the 2nd odi against Bangladesh. Pakistan need to have a look at the young guns, who made an impression in the U-19 WC, as they look good future prospects especially Jamshed and Anwar Ali.

prarara said:
I heard Anwar can only bowl the inswinger, I'd say Jamshed is a better choice.

yeah both are better anwar can swing the ball more than any bowler in pakistan or may be in the world
just watch un 19 highlights you will know i still can not believe how he swings the ball that much

Anwar Ali: From worn out shoes to Cup glory

KARACHI: Anwar Ali, the young Pathan pacer from Karachi who took 5-35 in his sensational nine overs to lead Pakistan to the ICC Youth World Cup title on Sunday, had turned up with just a pair of worn out canvas shoes at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) last year when the process for the selection of the under-19 squad first started.

"All credit to former pacer Aaqib Javed; he was the one who took Anwar under his wings and provided proper spikes to him and other cricket equipment and worked hard on making the youngster comfortable bowling with spikes," a former coach at the NCA said on Monday.

He said Anwar belonged to a very poor family and was first spotted when he played in the Pepsi Interschool tournament for the Ibrahim Ali Bhai Government School. "He comes from a very poor background and didn?t even have proper cricket clothes and equipment but he is a great talent and hard working lad and that is what impressed Aaqib the most about him when he first saw him," former Test player and Pakistan team manager Haroon Rasheed said.

He had no doubt that Anwar was a good find for Pakistan. "He has a good height and a very good action and is very nippy off the surface. If he lifts his fitness levels he is certain to enjoy more success at the higher level."

Haroon said the main reason for Pakistan?s success in the Youth World Cup was the immense interest in their game shown by a couple of players who came to the academy and were eventually picked for the Pakistan squad.

"Riaz Kail of Peshawar is a fine prospect and what impressed me most about him was that even the academy session ended he constantly kept in touch with me asking for tips and help on how to improve his batting," Haroon said.

He said similarly the left-arm pacer Jamshed and captain Sarfaraz were also very keen students of the game and had picked up a lot at the academy. "It is a good sign for Pakistan cricket that our youth is doing well at the international level. But we need to further work on them and make them matured players, capable of successfully graduating to the next levels," he said. Haroon has also remained coach of the Pakistan junior and senior teams on a number of occasions.

found more info aabout anwar ali

source: jang

sorry i do have sorce but when i post the source here it does open so thats why i post the whole article in this threaad so please do not mind thanks

Last edited:
IMO Pakistan are not good visitors and esp. in SL they are gonna struggle against Vaas and co., believe it or not!!!! Still, ODI series might go to Pakistan as SL is lacking good in-form batters but test matches will be decided by how Pakistan bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread