Pakistan in Sri Lanka

siddharth2002 said:
IMO Pakistan are not good visitors and esp. in SL they are gonna struggle against Vaas and co., believe it or not!!!! Still, ODI series might go to Pakistan as SL is lacking good in-form batters but test matches will be decided by how Pakistan bowl.

what are you talking about man pak pak got best record in sl its look like to me that you do not follow pak and srilanka matches when they play against each other
sl is in good form thats why they lost from bangladesh

Last edited:
jan said:
what are you talking about man pak pak got best record in sl its look like to me that you do not follow pak and srilanka matches when they play against each other
sl is in good form thats why they lost from bangladesh
I m talking about whats gonna happen now and most of the times I m correct in my predictions.:p

Good Luck to Pakistan .
Sri Lanka are a good side but Pakistan IMO have a bunch of classy players .
Eventhough they lost to India , they scored 280+ targets consistently and lost only because of the fabulous Indian batting .
I don`t think SRL will be able to chase down huge targets.

In tests, Pakistan have a clear edge.
My prediction ODIs 2-1 to Pakistan and tests 1-1 considering the Murali factor.

I`ve been following Pakistani cricket so closely in the past few months that I now know what their strengths and weaknesses are.
I was supporting Pakistan against England and now hop that th Pakistani fans will support us against England.

I don`t know whom to support in this series (SRL-PAK) !
Both are our neighbours and its difficult to choose one of the 2 to support but I think I`ll support Pakistan .

Come on Pakistan! There is no wayyy Sri Lanka can win this. Asif will destroy Sri Lankan lineup.

I hope they pick Anwar Ali or/and Jamshed Ahmed to Sri Lanka. Whoever saw Anwar Ali's bowling can know if such an bowling is unleashed on the Sri Lankans there is no stopping the Pakistani bowling. Along with Asif they can pose a serious threat to the Sri Lankan batsmen.

ZexyZahid said:
I hope they pick Anwar Ali or/and Jamshed Ahmed to Sri Lanka. Whoever saw Anwar Ali's bowling can know if such an bowling is unleashed on the Sri Lankans there is no stopping the Pakistani bowling. Along with Asif they can pose a serious threat to the Sri Lankan batsmen.
i want pcb to pick both of them for srilanka tour

ZexyZahid said:
Hey, buddy I have seen Anwar Ali bowling against the Under 19 Indian team in the final. And what to say man... This guy can swing the ball at least one yard. UNBELIEVABLE swing bowing! Believe me the Indian under 19 team is not that bad. They were bowled out for 77 just because of incredible swing bowling of Anwar Ali. But also he has one big problem...he bowls a lot of no balls other wise he's a very good bowler. Sri Lanka surly will be in trouble if he plays.

Well, if he bowls one or two no balls for every wicket he takes for less then five runs, it's no problem for me. :laugh The thing is he bowled on the pitch where the second Test in Colombo will be played. If he can bowl again at that time like that, you can expect a low total of Sri Lanka there.

Dhoni said:
Come on Pakistan! There is no wayyy Sri Lanka can win this. Asif will destroy Sri Lankan lineup.

bunch of bs.

Sri Lanka are a good team in home conditions and they will be thinking about winning few matches, they need confidence.
Pakistan are favourites but you cannot write off anyone.

Dhoni said:
Hey, buddy I have seen Anwar Ali bowling against the Under 19 Indian team in the final. And what to say man... This guy can swing the ball at least one yard. UNBELIEVABLE swing bowing! Believe me the Indian under 19 team is not that bad. They were bowled out for 77 just because of incredible swing bowling of Anwar Ali. But also he has one big problem...he bowls a lot of no balls other wise he's a very good bowler. Sri Lanka surly will be in trouble if he plays.

anwar is great but what do you think about jamshed ;)
tell me thanks

Akhtar is out with Injury

Rana & Gul are struggling with injury.

As such Pak will have to select Anwar Ali to play for them alongwith Asif & Sami.

Its better for Pak to try out Anwar than to bring back Shabbir Ahmad after having have been cleared by ICC, as he will be called again .

I saw Anwar and Jamshed bowl, they were awesome but you cannot just thrust U-19's into the international scene because you don't allow them to mature at the first class level, these guys need a couple of first class seasons behind them, then they will be a force to be reckoned with.
Why have you guys forgotten about Najaf Shah and Mohd. Irshad, in my opinion these guys are just ready for the international level, especially with Shoaib's absence Pak should give these guys a chance, whats the harm?

I believe taking Anwar Ali or Jamshaid will not help them very much. You can take them on the tour and let them play side matches for experience, because both players are really inexperienced. They need to grow their armory and improve their technique againest the side teams, then play a international game.

Pak_cricketer said:
I believe taking Anwar Ali or Jamshaid will not help them very much. You can take them on the tour and let them play side matches for experience, because both players are really inexperienced. They need to grow their armory and improve their technique againest the side teams, then play a international game.

so you think pak should take sami who is out of form, arafat; and ifthikar raoo and loose one more series in sl
shoainb and gul wont be avalible for sl tour

Users who are viewing this thread