Pakistan to refuse to play WC games in India

The visas are applicable for family members (direct ones, at least), yeah. If that was what you were asking.

UAE is not a part of the sub-continent.Instead pakistan can play their matches in Bangladesh which used to be a part of pakistan...

That does not make sense. Both Pakistan and Bangladesh were a part of India before partition. So what?

I would have no problem with Pakistan playing their games in the UAE and neither should the ICC/BCCI/SRLC/BCB have any problems.

I think he is trying to say the travelling distance can be cut and fuel can be saved by using Bangladesh instead of UAE.

I don't know, he could have been an American-Pakistani. But he was still born and bred in Islamabad. Pakistani enough.

Executives get different visas than regular tourists. My dad has like a 30 year exclusive visa thing to China since he goes there like twice a month. They're under a separate category for most Asian nations.

I don't give a rats ahole if you believe me or not, I am not here to convince anyone of anything. That was my experience, choose to believe it or not.

The driver has been with my aunt for the last 20 years. :p
Executives of Pakistan / Pakistani descent DO NOT get different visas to India. They are just as restricted (city-specific visas and time).

You mention this businessman which you allegedly spoke to, but you also mention 20 other Pakistani tourists + executives.

So you are telling me, that approximately 25-30 Pakistanis were there, and most / all of them were American-Pakistanis (Or British-Pakistanis).

Cricketman, I don't know if you understand the point I'm trying to make. In any event, whether you are an American-Pakistani or just Pakistani, it is very hard to get a visa to India, no matter who you are. The same applies to Indians coming to Pakistan.

I can almost safely say your driver is illegally in India. It does not seem that he married an Indian girl to acquire citizenship, and he would have had to surrender his Pakistani citizenship in order to do that. Pakistanis (and Bangladeshis) are not allowed to have dual citizenship with an Indian citizenship.

Secondly, there is a very long process that occurs for Pakistanis and Bangladeshis to acquire citizenship in India. No visa for Pakistanis would be long enough to go through that process; he would have had to leave the country and gone back to Pakistan at least a couple of times in order to complete the process.

You say he is a driver, I do not believe he makes enough money to fly back and forth between Pakistan and India frequently enough. Nobody would go through the trouble of this either; your aunt could easily hire an Indian driver.

Now unless you're telling me that your aunt's driver is illegally in India, then your aunt takes a huge risk by housing him in her own home (well maybe not in her own living household, but on her property) as well as by employing him. I do not think anybody in India is dumb enough to house a Pakistani illegally in their home knowingly (and vice versa).

All reasons I call BS on your story.

I don't care what you do, lol.

We don't house drivers in India. He just comes for work, leaves in at night to go back home. Just drives the car around. I don't know what his status or whatever is, all I know was that he was born in Pakistan. Hell, he's an old guy, could have been even before seperation.

Businessman can get visas to any country in a jiffy. Dude, I'm an American citizen traveling with my dad, I got my visa in a week!

I dont get why is Pakistan afraid of playing in India. Lahore badshah were crowd favorite everywhere they went. Even more than the home city.
I know its past but people wise there is no hate. Its in politics.

I don't care what you do, lol.

We don't house drivers in India. He just comes for work, leaves in at night to go back home. Just drives the car around. I don't know what his status or whatever is, all I know was that he was born in Pakistan. Hell, he's an old guy, could have been even before seperation.

Businessman can get visas to any country in a jiffy. Dude, I'm an American citizen traveling with my dad, I got my visa in a week!
The key word being American citizen. End of story.

The same applies to Pakistanis as well, but Cricketman, you fail to realize that everything changes when it is Pakistan and India.

The countries have different laws regarding citizenship for members of those nations that differ from what is set for everyone else. The countries numerically restrict the number of Pakistanis coming into India and vice versa. You aren't understanding why your story is unbelievable.

Honestly, maybe you should ask your father to explain this to you. I have a better idea. Ask him if he can get himself and you into Pakistan by the end of the week. In fact, give it two weeks or three weeks.

His ties to India will make it almost impossible, since he is just visiting.

I dont mind Pakistan hosting their games in the UAE, but if they do not succeed in getting that, they should not threaten to not play games in India and all that. By doing so, they are only alienating themselves more from the cricketing world. Watch it! Every country (barring Pakistan) is going to come to India (not because of the money, because they feel India is safer; no idiot would come to India risking his life just for the money). The IPL-II was moved out because the security that they had to provide was held up for the general elections (and also Modi was hasty in moving out the IPL-II because he was a BJP sympathiser and he wanted to belittle the Congress government and show them in poor light by moving it out; this was rumored at quite a number of places and Modi's speech also gave lot of hints to this).

I wish the ICC schedules some games of Pakistan in India, and let them do what they want. If they dont play, they forfeit. If Pakistan win the right to host in UAE, they will most probably come to India. Pakistan should not be allowed to pick their venues. Its the ICC who should decide this.

saisrini80 added 6 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I dont get why is Pakistan afraid of playing in India. Lahore badshah were crowd favorite everywhere they went. Even more than the home city.
I know its past but people wise there is no hate. Its in politics.

Its a matter of ego, Sid. Countries are avoiding to tour Pakistan, but they are more than welcome to tour India (inspite of the fact that India have also had cases of terrorism but only on civilians who are not provided any kind of VIP security). And India has also avoided Pakistan in the upcoming FTP. So Pakistan want to take revenge on India. Its a matter of "why do people go to this country and not come to ours".

I dont mind Pakistan hosting their games in the UAE, but if they do not succeed in getting that, they should not threaten to not play games in India and all that. By doing so, they are only alienating themselves more from the cricketing world. Watch it! Every country (barring Pakistan) is going to come to India (not because of the money, because they feel India is safer; no idiot would come to India risking his life just for the money). The IPL-II was moved out because the security that they had to provide was held up for the general elections (and also Modi was hasty in moving out the IPL-II because he was a BJP sympathiser and he wanted to belittle the Congress government and show them in poor light by moving it out; this was rumored at quite a number of places and Modi's speech also gave lot of hints to this).

I wish the ICC schedules some games of Pakistan in India, and let them do what they want. If they dont play, they forfeit. If Pakistan win the right to host in UAE, they will most probably come to India. Pakistan should not be allowed to pick their venues. Its the ICC who should decide this.

saisrini80 added 6 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Its a matter of ego, Sid. Countries are avoiding to tour Pakistan, but they are more than welcome to tour India (inspite of the fact that India have also had cases of terrorism but only on civilians who are not provided any kind of VIP security). And India has also avoided Pakistan in the upcoming FTP. So Pakistan want to take revenge on India. Its a matter of "why do people go to this country and not come to ours".
Is there a reason India has decided to marginalize Pakistan in the upcoming FTP? :)

It is not a matter of why people are going to India and not Pakistan. We fully understand why.

We are still co-hosts of the 2011 WC. Therefore, we should have the right to decide where our games are played (the alloted 14 games, not the games Pakistan plays).

Either way, India's FTP didn't get passed so I don't know why it's a matter of concern now. It just showed the BCCI's attitude toward Pakistan & the PCB.

Thats what I said to. I said I dont mind Pakistan hosting their ALLOTED games in UAE. But I do not agree with their tactic of refusing to play WC games in India. They dont decide where their team plays (I do not know the rules, but I guess the ICC decides the fixtures and the venues). If they refuse to play in India, they forfeit the games that are scheduled in India.

Most probably, they will agree to play in India if either they win the right to host their ALLOTED games in UAE or if they come to some sort of a truce with the ICC (getting other benefits, etc). I dont see why they would alienate themselves even more from the cricketing world by refusing to play in India even after coming to a truce/winning their UAE rights.

Users who are viewing this thread