Pakistan to refuse to play WC games in India

I dont think so. I dont mind matches being hosted in the UAE. But I would be happier if it was not hosted. I want to see matches being hosted in regular test playing nations. But yeah, no other issues for me to have matches hosted in UAE.

Why do you have to fly to the UAE if you are going from Pakistan to India, seems a bit counter productive. Is this a visa thing, it surely cannot be faster than flying directly right?

Why do you have to fly to the UAE if you are going from Pakistan to India, seems a bit counter productive. Is this a visa thing, it surely cannot be faster than flying directly right?
Very few people fly from Pakistan to India or from India to Pakistan. Also nobody flies from Pakistan to Sri Lanka or vice versa; when Pakistan went to Sri Lanka, they went through Dubai. I also believe the same issue exists for Bangladesh. It isn't a visa issue, it just isn't marketable for the commercial airlines.

The only way fans will be able to travel between countries is in this manner; they may charter planes for the teams, but fans would have to go through Dubai and Abu Dhabi (or some other connecting airport in the Middle East).

I guess it could be the reluctance of the two countries not to have direct conection between each other. For a long long time, India and Pakistan did not have buses that travelled between each other (it was introduced only later when the two countries started the friendship wave, that was prevalent during the 2004 series).

I guess it could be the reluctance of the two countries not to have direct conection between each other. For a long long time, India and Pakistan did not have buses that travelled between each other (it was introduced only later when the two countries started the friendship wave, that was prevalent during the 2004 series).
There was once upon a time that PIA had a flight to New Delhi from Islamabad (or prehaps it was Lahore), but it wasn't earning PIA very much money. They started flying to India only once a week, and even that did not fill up the small jet plane, so I think it has to do more with the money factor than the two countries not wanting to have a direct connection.

There was once upon a time that PIA had a flight to New Delhi from Islamabad (or prehaps it was Lahore), but it wasn't earning PIA very much money. They started flying to India only once a week, and even that did not fill up the small jet plane, so I think it has to do more with the money factor than the two countries not wanting to have a direct connection.

Plus you have buses to Lahore as well and a train running, so I would guess people might even prefer that. I don`t know if the train and bus routes are still functional though.

But I would like to think that you`d have some direct flights from the official airline during events like the World Cup. The teams would most certainly fly in chartered flights. Also, are`nt there direct flights to Sri Lanka and Bangladesh from India?

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

It surely is`nt the faster option. Chandigarh is closer to Lahore than any Indian city in the south (Chennai or Cochin) and Mumbai might be closer to Karachi than to Guwahati.

I live in UAE. I vouch for it's safety.

Sorry for taking this topic on a different track, but India is safest of the subcontinental nations and is safer than UAE.
Maybe a discussion for another thread, but I assure you it isn't. The poorest regions of UAE are still a lot safer than most places in India. If not from terrorist attacks then from muggings, thievery, assault, and common crimes. Add to that that the roads and facilities of UAE are amongst the best in the world. UAE is incredibly safe.

Last edited:
I live in UAE. I vouch for it's safety.

Maybe a discussion for another thread, but I assure you it isn't. The poorest regions of UAE are still a lot safer than most places in India. If not from terrorist attacks then from muggings, thievery, assault, and common crimes. Add to that that the roads and facilities of UAE are amongst the best in the world. UAE is incredibly safe.

What does that have to do with safety?

Alteast 2 cricketers come to mind who have been killed by car accidents (Majural Islam Rana and Ben Hollioake, RIP), but none so far by terrorist attacks.

pakistanis r saying this bcoz they jealous from Indians and they dont want any match to b played. India for Safe for Cricket matches and pakistan is the most unsafe country.

pakistanis r saying this bcoz they jealous from Indians and they dont want any match to b played. India for Safe for Cricket matches and pakistan is the most unsafe country.

Wow, what an enlightening post. You really should chair the ICC. We could use such unique and original thinking at the games administrative headquarters.:sarcasm

Also, fire your English teacher.

Well what if Pakistan are in the World Cup Finals(which has the least possibility)............

Users who are viewing this thread